13

Love the Way You Lie

Ciarra

A few weeks had passed, and nothing changed. The only difference was Ali was now aware of everything about me. The reasons behind my episodes as well as the meaning behind every color that I see during an attack.

Red. Red. Blue. White. Black. Black.

Red for blood. Blue for my brother's eyes. White for the snow and the hospital room.

Red, for the sight that I witnessed when my parents were brought dead and bloody to the very same hospital I was admitted back then.

Another red, for the loss of our child. I told him how I witnessed the blood that gushed down my legs after being hit by a cab. I saw more than felt how it flowed from my womb, down to my legs and to the street, as it was raining back then.

Blue for my brother's eyes. That night while I was away and my brother died, I dreamt of him. He was looking at me, with those wide blue eyes that I adored before. He wasn't speaking in my dream, but just looked at me with a smile on his face. As if saying that he wanted to see me one last time before leaving.

White for the snowy day that my brother fell on the lake. Another was when I woke up inside a white room, Yula crying beside me as he broke the news of our parents' death.

Black. It wasn't a memory, nor was it a reminder of my painful past. Black is the color that represents my urge to end this suffering. An urge to end this pain.

It was either my longing towards that empty oblivion, or the willingness to join those I loved in an endless void.

My train of thoughts were suddenly interrupted when my phone rang. I picked up the call after seeing Keith's name on the caller ID.

"Ciarra! Where are you?!" I was about to greet her when she interrupted me immediately.

My brows furrowed after hearing the panic in her voice.

"I'm at the office? Why? What's wrong?" I asked, however my ears picked up the sound of flesh meeting flesh in the background. Followed by something crashing and a few thuds followed.

"Keith? What's going on over there? Is Razel with you?"

"Stop it! Both of you! Razel! Yula!"

My forehead creased when I heard a woman yelling in the background. Yula? What has he done now?

"Hello? Ciarra? You still there? Can you please come here? We're at the estate and Yula and Razel are going at each other's throat right now. Please, come here Ciarra, they're killing each other!" Hearing the panic in her voice as she rushed the words out, I didn't waste anymore time and took my keys.

I ran towards the elevator and pressed the button a couple of times. After landing on the ground floor, I didn't waste time and ran towards my car parked outside the building. In my hastened state, I didn't notice the man I passed by. I was then pulled towards someone, strong hands gripping my arms and holding most of my weight as I was whipped towards his direction.

"Where are you going? What's with the hurry?" a confused Ali held my arms as I frantically regained my footing.

"I need to go to the estate. My brother and Razel are killing each other right now. I'm sorry. I'm in a hurry." I immediately kissed his cheek before running towards my car. I didn't waste any second as I raced towards the direction of the estate.

When I got there, I saw Razel punching my brother square in the face. Keith and Ambrose were at the corner of the living room screaming at the men to stop fighting. Keith was holding her small baby bump as her eyes showed terror and disappointment at the same time.