10

I Can Love You Like That

Alizarin

It's been weeks after the incident at the orphanage. Yula returned a few days later when he was informed of what happened. Only then was Ambrose introduced to me, when both of them returned to the city bearing news of Ambrose's pregnancy. It was supposed to be a celebration for the couple. However, knowing Ciarra's situation, they couldn't bear to celebrate and be happy.

Ciarra has been silent after that incident. Heck, she's been ignoring me for the past weeks now. As much as I want to see her and support her, they told me that she needs time on her own. I wanted to see her so bad, so that I can assure myself that she's coping up well, however, I knew deep inside that she doesn't want to see anyone. She even rejected seeing her own best friend.

According to Yula, it was best for us to distance from her for a while. If we try to push her so hard, she might end up doing self-harm, which was something we don't want to happen.

"Hey, are you listening to me? Earth to Mr. Alizarin Ivory Renard?" I snapped out of my thoughts when Keiran, my sister, kept on waving her hand in front of my face, her left brow raised in a perfect arch. I pushed her hand away from my face and frowned. She then giggled, green eyes glinting with mirth.

Keiran was my perfect carbon copy, with our same green eyes and dark auburn hair. The only difference was she looked younger for her age. And acts younger, too.

"What are you doing here, Keiran Aquamarine?" she scowled when I mentioned her full name. She always hated her name, said it was too colorful for her. Sporting a black dress, white heels and a grey scarf around her neck, my sister looked at me expectantly.

Looking at the way she dresses now, she doesn't look like she was a member of the Army before.

"You forgot, didn't you?" she pouted and crossed her arms over her chest. I racked my brain trying to remember the possible reason she might be in my office. Suddenly remembering my promise to have lunch with her, I stood up from my chair and took my coat. It was mid-August and the weather lately was cooler than normal.

"You're always busy with work that's why you always forget to dine with me." I dramatically rolled my eyes when she started whining like a kid, hugging my right arm as we left the office. From what I recall, her husband was away in the army that's why she's here bugging me again.

We arrived at the resto that we always eat in when we're together. She then sat near the windows, saying she wanted to witness the busy street of the city while enjoying her meal.

Dramatic woman.

As we waited for our food, Keiran told me stories about her travels anywhere around the globe, telling me at the same time to unwind once in a while. "You know I am willing to handle the company for a few weeks if you decided to take a vacation. You're not getting any younger, brother, you should be looking for a wife right now. How old are you again, 30?"

"31, Keir. How could you forget your own age? We're twins, for pete's sake." She chuckled at the sudden realization before again nagging at me to look for a wife. I didn't tell her that I already found a candidate. However, with our current situation, I doubt that I'll get married anytime soon.

Sighing, I can't help but wonder how she was right now. Was she eating right? Was she skipping meals? I couldn't help but worry at the thought of her not eating her meals on time.

"Who's she? Brother, do you know her? She's been staring at us for a while now." My thoughts were once again interrupted by my sister's voice. I glanced at the direction she was looking and immediately stood up.