8

I think I'm In Love

Ciarra

After handing the report to my secretary, I immediately went to my car to drive towards the orphanage. I underestimated that report, making me finish it a few hours ago. However, I couldn't back out on my promise to teach the kids when Sister Rain called earlier telling me that Celaine and the other girls were excited to see me and Keith.

At the event two days ago, Keith and I agreed to teach the girls at the orphanage again. The girls, however, were only aware that I was teaching, I never mentioned that Keith would go with me. It would be our little surprise to the little ones.

I arrived at the place an hour and a half late. Seeing my car parked at the parking lot, Keith stormed towards me, a frown on her cute little face. "You're late."

I can't help but smile when she whined like a kid. This girl never changed. Chuckling, I greeted her and pick up my things as well as the painting that I acquired last night.

Celaine and Ramses are gonna be happy when they see this painting.

We passed the function hall where the guests are usually seated. We went to Sister Rain's office, knocking at the door. Sister Rain was the head nun who takes care of the children after Grandma Remy, mom's aunt, passed.

The door opened and she greeted us with a smile. I squealed when I saw her, hugging her like I always do when I was younger. She was one of the nuns that look after me and my brothers before when we stayed here. She was very kind and she always scold my brothers for me when they're being too much.

She laughed at my reaction and hugged me as tight as I did. I missed her so much. I let her go abruptly when I heard a few whispers in the room and throats clearing. Fuck, that was embarrassing.

I glanced at the guests inside the room and saw my cousin Razel and to my actual horror, Ali as well. I scratched my head and avoided his gaze when he looked at me with amusement dancing in his green eyes.

After what happened two days ago, I decided that maybe I should give us a chance again. What happened before was out of our control, and besides, he didn't know and I'm not planning on telling him, yet. At the auction yesterday, he stayed by my side like a vine. After knowing my relationship with Yula, my brother, he acted like he did five years ago, that sweet, caring, and slightly possessive man that I knew him to be. Though, I don't have plans on telling him yet. He still has a lot to know about me. Especially because I'm not the same woman he met years ago.

I was even dumbfounded yesterday morning when I left his unit and found mine exactly in front of his door, scratching my head at the absurdity of our situation.

We were literally living across each other... and we haven't encountered each other ever since we parted years ago.

"Let's go Ciarra, the girls are waiting for us already." I looked at Keith when she suddenly tapped my cheek. Nodding my head, I glanced at Sister Rain and gave her the painting that I fought for at the auction yesterday.

"Please hang this on the function hall for me, Sister Rain." I smiled at her when she looked at the photo and gasped. Eyes wide and her wrinkled hand over her mouth, she mouthed a thank you with tears blurring her dark eyes.

I gave her a warm smile and Keith and I proceeded to the extra room at the back which was designed as a dance studio. It had floor to ceiling mirrors and a glass sliding door leading to the garden at the back. The rest of the walls were covered by pictures of the girls and a few children in their costumes when they performed at a few celebrations in the past.