Chapter 10

Connor's pov
I put my hair up into a bun,my senior year was over and I was ready for college.i smiled,looking at the phot Jared and I took at the photo booth during one of our dates.i then frowned,"right...we're going to different colleges."I thought.i shook my head,forcing myself to not cry.i put on my combat shoes and grabbed my messenger bag,I walked downstairs."bye mom I'm walking with Jared."I quickly said,"wait aren't you going to take your truck?"my mom asked.i had my hand on the door knob,"no,Zoe can use it today."i said.i opened the door and left the house,I saw Jared standing outside.he was holding an apple while looking at his phone with a grin plastered on his face,he looked up from his phone.

"Babe!"he said,his face lit up.he hugged me,I hugged him back.he handed me an apple,"got you breakfast."he said.he smiled,the gap in his tooth was showing.i smiled,that doofy smile,that's what I was going to miss."now come on,we're gonna be late for the opening!"Jared said,grabbing my arm.oh yeah,I forgot to mention we're skipping school completely.we only took our school bags to make it look like we were going to school,this new coffee shop was opening.but it wasn't just any old plain coffee shop,it was our friend Hanna's.she dreamed of opening a coffee shop and now it was coming true,so of course we wanted to support her.she was going to scold us,but be happy we came to support her.