[4] "Small, illegible notes"

[Spoilers for 'dead poets society']

He came back. Again, and Again, and Again.

It started out timidly. It started out slow and strangely and made George pink and smily and feel like he's floating on air, flying high in the sky, the clouds and ravens his friends and sorrows his enemies.

He came Thursday morning the next week and accused George of cursing him. He was trying to hold in his laughter when Dream exaggerated his experience in what had gone down. "And he- And he died, what the hell?!"

The laughter that built in his chest was let out, and he had to press his hands onto his face to stop himself, and even then he couldn't. Dream complained animatedly to him and after a while he stopped, watching as George was yet to finish laughing.

"Your book rec broke me." He seethed through his gritted teeth. George finally got it all together and stared up at Dream only to let out a chuckle. "You asked for sadness, didn't you?"

"I asked for a pinch, a pinch!"

And then he started demanding for a brighter story, leaving George with a smile.

"Leave it to me." He stood up and led Dream at the classic section of the library. He left with 'Anne of Green Gables' and a promise he'd be back next week.

And he did. He came back, handed George the book with a look of pleasant delight that made George's heart swarm. "Better, I take it?"  

"Better! It was great." His eyes shone as he started speaking about it, moving his hands with his words to emphasise the waves of emotion that passed through his mind as story made meaning and gave birth to life.

"I love Anne, she's precious. Can I get another read just like that, just like Anne of green gables?" His eyes glowed as he stared into George's, his eyes glinting with an emotion that George longed to know. He left Dream in the world of Heidi by Johanna Spyri and called it a day before he came back a week later.

He handed the book back to George and smiled, leaving rather quickly then usual, with 'The wind in the willows' by Kenneth Grahame in his grip. 

When George went to put the book back on it's shelf after Dream left that day, he felt a small, folded paper fall from a page of the book and to his feet. He glanced at its existence, and very carefully, with his fingers tingling, he picked up the note and opened it up.

You look really pretty today ;))

George blushed as the words made meaning explode in his chest, turn the words on the page to thousands of small butterflies fluttering in his belly in a way he needn't knew.

His cheeks grew a loud pink shade that drew other's attention towards him, causing him to turn away quickly and move like nothing had happened, slipping the note into his pocket and hoping nobody would think that something had happened.

The next week Dream had arrived like nothing had happened and George slipped a small note, one that said 'thank you ;)' into the pages of Beauty and the beast (when the man had asked for romance with fantasy littered into it, he was appalled but did as he was asked nonetheless.)

He returned the next week and a similar note fell out, and to his feet. When he picked it up, small chicken scrawl handwriting spoke up to him: I like your glasses. Nerd >:D 

He couldn't help but chuckle at the note, before slipping it into his pocket and going about his day until he left for home, opened his apartments doors full of love and fortune, his head buzzing with excitement and a lovesick potion brewing in his chest, casting Tommy to give him weird looks and speak about him to Will as if he was a troll.

But George didn't care- Because he was thinking about talking to his favourite person on Thursday morning. 

Ah, i love this too much. Do you guys want Dré POV? 

Thoughts?

- Twig