[12] "Sweet or sour and the hearts of ruthless men"

"Guys! C'mon!" Wilbur called, gripping the strap of his guitar case. George leaned on the door frame next to him, watching the door to the hallway bust open, revealing Tommy and Tubbo with the widest grins on their faces, Niki following after them.

It was currently 5:00 PM, the day of Wilbur's gig at the bar.

Tommy wore his signature 'Club Sunday' shirt, rolled to his elbows with ripped jeans and black vans. Tubbo wore an oversized dark green hoodie, the hood resting on his head, with beige, high-waisted pants. Niki wore something a kin to Tubbo, however she bore a brown sweater over a white shirt, and a dark skirt that reached her knees.

Wilbur wore a light yellow sweater and a large jacket over his shoulders, patched with different patterns made over the years, some of which George had sewn himself.

George wore a light grey jacket over a white shirt and high waisted brown pants. They all looked their best.

"Ready to face the unknown?" Wilbur monologued, staring at each of them, hands inches away from the handle.

Tubbo and George nodded while Tommy yelled a 'get on with it!'. Wilbur rolled his eyes, grinned, opened the door and ran out leaving the others in the dust.

Tubbo ran straight after him, followed by Tommy, leaving George and Niki who laughed at them all acting like children. At last, they went down the stairs that led to their apartment and saw a van, bruised and battled, with an open cargo bed on the back.

George wasn't sure it even worked.

Nonetheless, he went in. After arguing with Tommy for shotgun, he got his way, and sat at the front, much to Tommy's exaggerated dismay.

The two boys sat on both sides of Niki, who sat in the middle, watching the road. Wilbur yapped on to George about music, who happily listened, staring out of the window.

The van started begrudgingly and soon they were on the road, in the mist of other normalities. Tommy caught sight of a lot of people, and asked Wilbur to open the window. He did so rather quickly, and the second it was fully open Tommy drew out his hand and waved at a passing stranger.

The stranger caught sight of him and waved back. Tommy cheered and Tubbo, who had been watching from the sidelines asked, "Can we play sweet or sour?"

"Sure." George shrugged. 

"I've got a point already, that guy's waved back!" Tommy said, but the man had long since passed. Tubbo looked out of his window and opened it up with Wilbur's word, waving to a passing women and her kids. They all waved.

"Yes! Three points!"

"What?! I didn't see!"

"I can second that Toms." Niki cut in, and Tommy groaned, looking out of the window to find someone who would wave at him.

Tubbo peered out of the window and squinted. He waved to an old man crossing the street but the man didn't hear him. He lowered his arm, disappointed, and Tommy laughed from afar.

In the end, Tommy had 21 points and Tubbo had 19. Raising his arms in the air, Tommy cheered and Tubbo, being the good friend he was, cheered him on.

George smiled. They were good friends.

-

"Alright guys! I'll be on any minute now, so like- don't kill each-other, kay?" He flashed them his 'wilbur soot' grin and left, calling, "Hey Techno!" And with that, he was gone.

Tommy looked around, taking in all the dim colours and the sweaty smell of strange individuals. "Are we even allowed to be here?" Tubbo asked and they both looked expectantly up at George, who shrugged and looked to Niki for an answer.