[16] "The mystery of tonight"

The band revealed themselves to the judging eyes of whoever stared at them with grins the size of watermelons and confidence the height of Mount Everest.

When they had moved onto the stage, Dream immediately began looking into the crowd for any familiar faces, but found none. He resulted to looking around later, yelling into the microphone within his hands with words shielded with ferocity and blatant love.

"How's everyone doing today?" He yelled, grinning even wider when everyone spluttered and screamed into his ears- Yes.

He loved the adrenaline, the excitement that jittered on his back like grasshoppers jumping upon a meadow. He loved seeing the reaction of people who liked him, fans- Oh, he could never come to realise that many people adored them as they did now, it was all too much but everything he could have ever wished for.

They had all come a long way.

"Alright, Alright. First up, is 'Be nice to me.'" Skeppy began to drum, Karl smashed his fingers onto the keys of his keyboard, Sapnap strung his fingers across the strings of his bass, while Bad and Quackity strummed along.

Dream remembered the song well- Something he had created as a memoir to his past self, his fears and everything that had made him up as a child, a teenager.

He was no longer that dumb, stupid child, scared of the sound of his door creaking and waking up his parents at midnight, terrified for the life of his long lost sister and everything in between. He was no longer him.

He was someone else.

"I got boulders on my shoulders, Collar bones begin to crack- There is very little left of me and it's never coming back. There are certain things you ask of me, And there are certain things I'll lack.The beginning, we were winning
But now I'm just making up facts." Dream sang into the microphone, grinning.

As the song went on and grew more intense, he began to search the faces of the crowd once more. He glanced over to the front, the very back and now he was looking somewhere in the middle- Looking for a very familiar chocolate brown haired boy and his friends.

He caught the eye of a familiar looking boy, and his grin only grew wider. He, and all his friends laughing and singing (not noticed his stare) one was on another's shoulders and the one next to him was taking a picture.

A girl stood next to George, grasping her hands in his and he couldn't help but laugh at the motion, dancing along with her. Dream's gaze strengthened when he reached them, his curiosity growing.

He had seen that girl before- In Tommy's stream. His imagination sparked and enlightened by false promises that threw stones at his back and head.

Did George have a girlfriend?

As the song ended, and the fourth began, Clay was still thinking about it. "I'm going back to 505. If it's a seven hour flight or a forty-five minute drive- In my imagination, you're waitin' lyin' on your side. With your hands between your thighs."

This was one of the softer songs of their's, one that he had written together with Sapnap. It was composed with both aspects of their lives, intertwined together to give the audience a shielded glimpse of a fight that broke out more then 10 years ago.

"Stop and wait a sec- When you look at me like that, my darlin', what did you expect? I'd probably still adore you with your hands around my neck or I did last time I checked."

Heartbreak was something that the raven haired boy had been prone to all his life. They grasped him, grew on him like leaves on trees and only when they fell, could Sapnap be bare and breath, can live once more.

Love was something that was hard for him, yet he made it look so easy. Clay wasn't sure how he had done it, how he was doing it.

"Not shy of a spark. The knife twists at the thought that I should fall short of the mark
Frightened by the bite, though it's no harsher than the bark. The middle of adventure, such a perfect place to start. I'm going back to 505
If it's a seven hour flight or a forty-five minute drive. In my imagination, you're waitin' lyin' on your side.With your hands between your thighs." Dream continued, though his mind lingered on the girl, dancing around George.

He looked like he was having a fun time too. Glancing up once more, he found that this time George was staring at him. When their gazes met, Clay felt a spark in his fingertips, his lips part and George did the cutest thing he could- He placed a lock of his hair behind his ear and smiled softly.

Clay was ready to explode into a pile of debris at the sight, but he had to put on an act until he was allowed to. "But I crumble completely when you cry. It seems like once again you've had to greet me with goodbye. I'm always just about to go and spoil a surprise. Take my hands off of your eyes too soon. I'm going back to 505. If it's a seven hour flight or a forty-five minute drive. In my imagination, you're waitin' lyin' on your side. With your hands between your thighs and a smile."

He stuck his tongue out at George for a split second before returning to the song, his inner child poking his cheeks, spitting at the other he had bickered with over and over.

At the back of his mind, he knew it would be clipped but at that very moment he couldn't care less. George made a face at him and for a split second, Clay had stumbled on the lyrics with a small laugh.

Sapnap turned an eye towards him, all knowing and frightened. He followed his friend's gaze to the crowd and met the eyes of a familiar looking man, hands clasped to his mouth in a way to say 'I'm sorry.'

"Montgomery forever, and ever, and ever. Now they're blowing it up. Montgomery forever, and ever, and ever. Now they're blowing it up. 'Cause you started crying, and laughing, and trying to explain how all you wanna do is leave
Montgomery forever." Dream sang into the microphone, staring up at George with intent.

But before he knew it, he was strung away by two presumable friends, gripping his hands and spinning him around as they yelled into the air, unheard by everyone that wasn't them.

When 'House of gold', 'Twin sized mattress' 'Willow tree March' and 'Meet me in the woods were sung' they bowed and gave their last 'farewells' before the curtains hid them from the eyes of the audience.

A lingering question burned in Dream's mind, even after everything was over and done with.

Who was that girl?

-

The plot THICKENSSSSSSS

I saw someone say that they loved this story and it made me very happy, so I wanted to say thank you, you guys are great <333

Thoughts?

- Twig