[7] "Pansexual mess"

"Hey! Dream! Get your head out of the clouds!" Sapnap called from where he stood, the strap of his electric guitar placed on his chest, his fingers brushing the strings.

Dream snapped his head up and gripped the microphone tighter, looking back to see odd looks from his bandmates. Their manager let out a sigh, "Take five."

Dream grinned wildly at this, checking the time. He could surely go and visit George now. Lately he had been skipping practice to go and see him, and he was sure that his friends had caught up with it.

They pestered him enough as it was, even the managers were butting their heads in, but Dream didn't give much care towards them, for all he wanted to do was see George.

Call him Smitten, if you'd like.

Sapnap let out a sigh and moved towards Dream, who was struggling to place the microphone in it's hold. "Clay." His head snapped up at the use of the name, and he turned to see Sapnap staring at him.

"What's going on, dude? You'd tell me if something's wrong, wouldn't you?" Clay had debated telling Sapnap about George, but he wasn't so sure. He didn't want him to go out looking for him, or to call him smitten, or anything of sorts.

But he's your best friend, a voice nagged in his head, making Clay feel even more bad.

Maybe Sap wouldn't say anything, keep it a secret from anyone else. He didn't want them to be obnoxious and scare him off anyways.

So with a heavy heart, biting his lip like George would always do when he was focussed, he looked up. Sapnap cocked an eyebrow at him, and all the words left his tongue.

He didn't know if he could do this.

Sapnap saw the weariness in his eyes, and took ahold of his guitar, placing it in it's hold just next to Clay.

He strung a hand over his shoulders and called to the rest of the band, "Hey! Dream and I 're gonna get some fresh air."

And without a single word they left. They walked to their open room, where everything laid everywhere and nobody but their band could go in. Clay collapsed into one of the bean bag chairs, and Sapnap sat next to him.

"Talk to me." He said. Clay didn't know where to begin. How about- Oh I met a really really cute guy and I think I have a crush on him but I'm not sure, and I think about him a lot and he makes me really happy.

With a small sigh escaping his lips, he drew a hand through his hair. "Where do I begin?" He mumbled, looking up.

"Does this have to do with the abnormal amount of books your reading?" Sapnap began, grinning. "I mean, I get it- Your a nerd, Clay, but I think you lost it when you started reading 'Anne of Green Gables'. Did you meet a cute girl or something?"

Yeah. A girl.

"Or a guy." Sapnap added quickly, with a smirk that drove Clay absolutely insane. He stared into Sapnap's dark, hazel eyes, his own rather wide, his cheeks tipped pink, and suddenly he knew.

"You did, didn't you?"

Clay slowly nodded.

Sapnap's mouth fell open in a wide grin, and immediately he began pestering Clay about it, asking who it was and everything of sorts. Clay covered his face in embarrassment before shoving Sapnap away, scowling.

"Well, first- He's the cutest person I have ever met." And then he began, once more, his words laced with a soft melody that intertwined not only him, but Sapnap, and made the man understand that his best friend was absolutely smitten for this guy.

Then it was Sapnap who delivered a punch to the shoulder. "And you didn't tell us, why?"

Clay paused at that, and turned away, looking at his hands. "I thought you'd say something about it, 'cause, y'know-"

"Clay, you are fucking pan and I have two boyfriends. Everyone around you is fucking gay, and your scared to come out to us about this guy? Oh, your down bad." Sapnap seethed, and Clay knew he was right, and it was true.

His worries were laced with a meaning that just wasn't there. He was an idiot.

"Oh." Was all he said.

Sapnap smiled. "I'll cut you some slack, though. It's the first time you've been into a guy for- pfft, years. I still remember him- what's his name? Steven-"

"Shut up about him. D'you want me to go on about all your girlfriends?" Clay grinned wickedly and Sapnap bared his teeth at him in an angry smile.

He let it go and shrugged. "Fair enough." They sat there for a time, before Sapnap dared to ask, "Are you going to tell the band?"

Clay thought about it. "No. I'm not going to have Big Q and Karl tease me about it all day long."

"And then some." Sapnap added with a wider grin, and Clay muttered something about him being an idiot. "We'll bully you about it anyways, dude, that's just how we roll."

Clay laughed at that, a small laugh, something soft and small that was meant for the two of them. "Thanks."

"No problem man."

Dream tellin' Sapnap :v
You got your dré POV eventually >:)))

Thoughts?

- Twig