[35] "I'll feed him to the racoons"

Wilbur parked at the bottom of a hill.

George had informed the rest of them that behind that hill was a lake and long tugs of grass that they could sit and dine in. Niki was holding the picnic basket but Bad had also brought some of his famous muffins.

They had had a conversation about how Bad had made the muffins in the first place. Funny how she's getting along so well with people they idolised for a long while.

"Ugh, do we have to hike? Why can't we just sit here, I'm hungry-" Tommy whined, hunching over and Quackity slapped his back, making him spring up and into life like an old toy. "Get up, hermano."

"What does that mean?"

"Nothing."

"Hey, c'mon!"

"It means your a bitch, Tommy." Sapnap casually swore, making Bad spiral in a 'language!' and Skeppy laugh until his insides were on the ground, and he was dead.

George rolled his eyes and smiled at Clay, "Are they always like this?"

He shrugged, "Pretty much."

Tubbo pat him on the shoulder. "It's not all the bad, Toms, when we're on the mountains it'll be a whole lot better. We could go swimming!"

"In this weather? Not a chance. I don't want my skin to freeze." Sapnap pulled his hands behind his head and Tommy chuckled, "What, are you afraid?"

"No," He answered rather quickly, closing his eyes. "I just don't wanna die surrounded by idiots."

"You're the idiot here."

They started to climb up the hill.

"Says the teenager. Why are you even here, don't you have school or something? Actually, why don't any of you ever go to school? You're like what, 17?" Sapnap was the one to laugh now, as Tommy and Tubbo exchanged a rough glance. Wilbur tensed.

He wanted to scold Sapnap for asking such a thing but then remembered his pact to both George and Tommy, and stopped himself. Tommy can fight his own battles.

"I graduated early, so uh- I have my high school diploma at home." Tubbo told him, and looked back at Tommy as quickly as he said it.

Quackity noticed Tommy tense up the moment Sapnap had asked the question and he sent a glare towards him that asked him to stop right now, you're making them uncomfortable. But Tommy shrugged. "Tubbo convinced me to study with 'im so I did."

It was the truth, the whole truth, minus a couple of details. They didn't want to leave the two by themselves at that awful place, so they studied their assess off at Tubbo's request.

But Sapnap didn't know that.

Wilbur let out a breath and continued to talk to Karl, about narwhals and English folklore.

Sapnap moved onto George rather quickly. "So, George, right?" He handed him a friendly smile, much to Clay's horror. Karl called him over at that moment and he sent George a nice smile before dipping out of there, running off to join Karl and Wil.

George let out a staggering breath as they climbed up the hill. It might've been a 'hill' but it was the biggest hill he had ever seen, and the path was long and raggedy.

"Uh, yeah." He answers awkwardly, pushing up his glasses. The climb was taking a toll on him- Never had he believed he was that unfit. He was lanky and short but he thought he could withstand the exercise.

He couldn't wait to taste Bad's muffins.

"So, how's Clay?" Ah. That's why he wants to talk to you. Gee, I'm doing well, thanks.