Chapter 26

The next couple days were a blur. Most of them were spent completing duties around headquarters; Dishes, cleaning out the horse stalls, anything to keep your mind busy. The grounds were deathly quiey, a sense of loneliness ate away at you the voices trying to plant their nasty seeds in your mind. You blocked those thoughts away, remembering the promise you made to Levi before he left.

The bruises that covered your body had began to fade to a distasteful yellow, the scars started to heal as well, though they were unbearably itchy. You kept your nails short to deter from scratching your skin raw. Some of the stitches began to fall out as your wounds healed, you couldn't remember the last time you'd felt this normal... no urges to cut, the voices generally quiet. Keeping busy seemed to be working!

When you weren't cleaning, eating or sleeping you were relaxing in your new favorite spot.

Levi's office.

When he left you were angry, storming off to your dorm, flopping down on the lumpy bed, the room damp and drafty. No amount of lit candles gave you any warmth, you spent the first night shivering under the covers, cursing at Levi for leaving you alone.

The next morning you snuck back into his office to enjoy a hot bath. You used his shampoo and bath products, the scent leaving your chest heavy, longing to be with him again. You'd walk around the office with nothing but panties and one of his dress shirts on, the white linen pressed neatly, with hits of lemon and lavender. You'd pull the collar up, inhaling the scent every now and then, a small smile meeting your lips.

You weren't scared of beint caught in Levi's office alone. Most of the scout regimen were on the expedition, and the stationary guards where too busy getting drunk and playing cards to even notice you.

So each day while Levi was gone you'd use his shower, sleep in his bed, and started making your way through some of the books on the shelf. There were so many to choose from, of all different genres. History, arts and literature, romance, fantasy, odm manuals. You giggled to yourself remembering that day.

‐---------------------------------------------------------------

Today was day eight since everyone left, it was just before dinner time, you'd been relaxing in Levi's bed. Laying on top of the duvet, feet propped up on the pillows, enjoying a romance novel, the characters in the story madly in love, it made your heart ache. Would you ever find love like the ones in the stories... you really weren't sure.

Rubbing your eyes you sat up in bed, putting the book down beside you. Your stomach growled loudly, dinner would be served soon. Putting on some pants and your jacket you made your way out of the office, eager for some food.

Cool evening air grazed your cheeks as you stepped outside, crossing the court yard towards the dining hall. You wrapped your arms around your chest trying to keep warm as you quickly skipped up the stone steps.

Inside some guards and officers were seated at the tables in the large hall, enjoying their dinner, smells of rich stew greeted your nose. Some eyes flicked up to stare as you crossed the hall towards the servery, avoiding their gase you grabbed a bowl and tray and lined up behind some guards. A large lady with salt and pepper hair greeted you with a warm smile.

"Vegetable stew tonight dear, would you like a bread roll" her voice gentle and sweet. She filled your bowl with stew, large chunks of potatoe made your mouth water.

"Yes please ma'am" you nodded returning the smile.

She placed a roll on your tray and picked up an ale cup. "Something to drink perhaps"

You hesitated for a moment. You hadn't drank since that night... with Eren. Memories flashed in your mind, you quickly pushed them away and stared at the cup.