Chapter 29

Green blades of grass tickled behind your knee, a few clovers gave some soft comfort to the prickly landscape. Water rushed over the river rocks gently, as birds and bugs chirped their songs back and forth. A beautiful maple tree offered some shelter of shade, protecting you from the hot sun that was blazing as it approached its peak in the sky.

You continued to breathe steadily as Levi rushed to lay out the blanket that he'd found back in the supply closets. Placing the bag down ontop he reached a hand out to you.

"Come here, y/n" He guided you to sit on the soft fabric, it had a chevron pattern of yellow and white. It was quite beautiful actually. Just like your dress....

Glancing down you noticed the pin drops of red staining the delicate fabric that covered your arms. Small tears formed in your eyes as your body started to shake softly.

"Levi.... im.... im so sorry! I've ruined this beautiful dress." Your tears fell harder as hands reached to cover your face.

"Tch.... you're joking right"

Your head snapped up to see Levi staring deeply at you, he grabbed your hands and turned them palm side up, examining the stains on the blue and white material.

"....what?" You asked weakly

"I said your joking right? You didn't ruin it y/n, I have gotten so many stains out of clothes over the years, this is nothing" he chuckled slightly as he teased you.

The smile dropped slightly from his face as he looked into your eyes. Steel grey pierced so deeply at you it was hard to maintain eye contact.

"That being said, if you're comfortable with it, can I check the wounds to make sure they're okay?" Levi's voice was so soft, he waited for your answer while still holding your hands.

"Mhmmmm" you nodded and fixed your eyes down at your forearms.

Levi's long and rough fingers gently moved to the cuff of the sleeve. Carefully he rolled them up, exposing small nail marks, and a few half heald cuts that had opened up slightly.

"Mmmm doesn't look to serious love" he glanced up and down your arm a few times, turning them over to check every inch of skin. Leaning forward he placed a soft kiss on your forehead.

He reached for the bag and pulled out a few bandages, making quick work to wrap up the damaged skin. He kissed your arm once it was wrapped up, and gently pulled the sleeves back down.

"You just carry bandages now..." your voice flat and low

"Mhmmm, never hurts to have some extra medical supplies on hand. Never know when it might come in handy." He gave you a half smile before clearing his throat.

"Okay, so now I need to ask.... what the fuck did that Brat Yeager do." Levi's voice turning harsh and sharp.

"He uhhh, he was angry that you bought me the dress, and asked me if we were together"

Levi waited and raised his brow at you when you didn't continue speaking.

"And.... what did you say?" Anticipation filled the space between you.

"I... I didn't say anything really. He sounded hurt, I told him he was my best friend, he was angry at me. I think he feels lead on, since I uhhh.... kissed him" your face flushed red hot

Slut..... slut
The voices called in your mind

"Right. But then why do this" he motioned and gently touched your wrist, holding eye contact with you.

"He.... he..." tears started to seep back into your eyes, you sniffled and took a deep breath

"He called me a slut" the words rushing off your lips

A strange sound erupted from deep in Levi's throat, almost like a growl. Disgust and anger flooded over his face instantly as he unconsciously gripped your hands a little too hard.

"I'll fucking kill him" Levi spat through clenched teeth.

"Oww Levi, my hands"

He snapped out of his rage to look down at your hands. Immediately he let go, shaking his head and pulling you into a tight embrace.

"Shit, sorry. What he said isn't true. You're not.... a.... slut" he was barley able to speak the last word.

You shrugged your shoulders and pulled your face into a half grimace. Unsure of what to believe. Thinking about the past events you could sympathize with Eren, understand why he'd be upset.

"If anyone's a slut it's Yeager. Always sneaking around with other women" the raven haired man growled these words.

"WHAT!?" Your eyes opened wide pulling away to meet with Levi's.

"Yes y/n... seriously you haven't noticed. He's constantly sneaking around with women, hooking up. He's no fucking saint"

Still in disbelief you shook your head, that wasn't the Eren you knew, or atleast you thought.

"Y/n.... I've seen it with my own eyes. Even caught him in the act a few times in the dark alleyways of HQ"

The both of you sat quietly in thought for a moment. Until Levi tucked a stain of hair behind your ear and kissed you once again on the forehead.

"Lets drop it for now, I don't want this to ruin our day. I'll deal with Yeager tomorrow, so for now let's relax. Are you hungry?"

Nodding your head Levi pulled out the fruit and crackers, followed by a small brick of cheese. Your eyes immediately lit up, a small smile reaching your lips

"You found some!?" Your voice high and excited.

"Mhmmm, the good stuff too. Don't tell Hange she'll have my head for taking it!"

Levi pulled out his knife that he kept tucked in his waist belt, and quickly started slicing the cheese into thin squares. His knife stills were very impressive, even if he was only preparing food.

You waited patiently while he prepped the food, the bird songs filled the quiet air by the river. You watched the water run gently down the bank. Laying down on your back you closed your eyes and relaxed. Small flashes of light danced behind your lids as a cool breeze blew through the tree, moving the branches and leaves to allow rays of sunlight through.

Fuck Eren.... what a hypocrite

You hummed lightly while Levi continued to putter with the food. You heard him shift beside you, and suddenly his soft lips graised against yours. He placed a gentle kiss upon them, his hand caressing your cheek.

"Open...." his voice low beside your ear

You obeyed and he carefully placed a grape into your mouth. Chewing slowly the sweet juice tingled your taste buds.

"Mmmmm, so good" you brushed your fingers against your lips. Opening your eyes you glanced to the side to see Levi staring intensely at you, his grey eyes full of lust. You bit your lip and looked at him with doe eyes.

"What..." you teased him.

"Nothing sweetheart, you're just so beautiful" He smiled gently at you, leaning back down to kiss you once again.

Harder this time, he lips eager to crash against yours. He pressed his tounge into your mouth, dancing against yours. Your hands reached to play with his soft black hair, the undercut tickling your palm. His hand found its way to lay on your hip, while his other arm helped to keep him propped up beside you.

The two of you made out for a while, small moans escaping your lips now and then.

Levi pulled away to stare deeply at you, but his face looked almost serious.

"Whats wrong" you asked gently, still playing with his hair

"Nothing is wrong y/n. I've just never felt this safe with anyone before. I've never cared for anyone as much as I care for you"

He kissed you gently again, his hand gripping your waist a little harder.

Levi inhaled deeply and pulled his lips away just enough to whisper....

"I love you y/n"

-------------------------------------------------