mystery girl

Hello reader and welcome to my new story, which was inspired by one I have just started reading on AO3. All of the plot though it my own except the characters and I may lead it into MoM but obviously it will be heavily altered as Wanda isn't trying to kill America. Also I have made America's age slightly younger, so instead of 14, she is 11 as I wanted her to be closer to the twins in age. Hope you all enjoy!! Also it's all in Wanda's POV unless stated otherwise

~~~

The silence was comforting almost. It was nice to know that there was no one around that I could accidentally hurt.

Maybe that's why I chose to live in the middle of the mountains. Peace? Closure? I was surprised that no one had come to find my yet.

I was almost hurt that I haven't heard from Clint since the funeral. I thought he had my back, but he was very busy with his family so I couldn't blame him. I wouldn't want someone like me to he around my family either.

I haven't heard from any of the other avengers. I know Sam and Bucky are busy after the blip, but who am I kidding. They wanted nothing to do with me.

I clutch my cup of warm herbal tea tightly in my hands as I stare out into the distance at my apple trees and beyond, trying to distract myself from my mind.

I was better like this. It was safer. Out here I wasn't a danger to anyone, and I could wallow in my own grief like I always have.

There is an ever preset nagging in my head. A whisper. It draws me to the ancient book which was currently lying hidden in my house as I was to much of a coward to open it.

I felt like a wimp for not touching it. There was a chapter dedicated to me, I shouldn't be afraid of its power. It could be the key to getting my family back...

I had built myself a farm, so I magically grew  and teleported my own food, so I didn't have to travel into civilisation and cause chaos.

It was better for everyone like this. Safer.

I was staring at the stars that littered the sky, trying to distract myself from my own thoughts, when all of a sudden a star shaped portal thing opened in the sky, immediately putting me on high alert.

Before I could even stand up, I see something, or rather someone falling through the hole in the sky.

Maybe on instinct, I use my powers to cushion the fall, not wanting them to die before I can ask them why they are here, and how.

I immediately fly over to where the person has landed, my arms raised defensively incase they were a threat.

It wasn't until I got closer that I realised the person was intact a child. Not much older than my boys.

My hands immediately lowered, my powers fizzing out as I took a gentler approach.

"Who are you?" I ask, making the girls head snap to face me.

She looked terrified. Where are her parents?

"P-Please don't hurt me..." The girl stuttered attempting to scramble away from me, but her face scrunched up like she was in immense pain.

My heart breaks at her words, I knew what it was like to be all alone in the world without your parents or anyone to care for you...

"I'm not going to hurt you." I tell her gently, immediately switching on the tone I used to use with my boys.

Thinking of them makes my heart ache, the fact that they are gone is killing me from the inside.

She girl looks at me unconvincingly, before her face once again scrunches in pain.