fooling about

Hey reader! Hope you enjoy this new chapter even though I'm currently writing this is Latin cause I'm so bored and this one is so long so go me (keep ur mind out of the gutter)

~~~

"Americaaaaa?" I draw out her name playfully, as I catch sight of said girl hiding behind an apple tree. A very thin apple tree may I add.

I pretend to ignore the giggles coming from the girl, proceeding to check behind a few more trees that I knew she wasn't behind.

Billy and Tommy used to find great joy in me playing this same game with them, when they would hide from me, and I would playfully pretend I didn't know where they were.

"Is she behind... this tree?!" I dart to look behind a tree a few feet away from the giggling girl.

"Huh..." I place my hands on my hips, in mock confusion. "Where could she be?"

I hear increased stifled giggles, making me smile.

I pretend to walk past the tree that America was behind, before spinning around quickly. "Got you!"

America squeals, running away from me so I couldn't catch her.

"I'm gonna get you!" I chase after the laughing girl, purposely going slower so I didn't catch her right away.

I eventually reach America and grab her body, pulling her into me.

"Got you!" I hold the girl as she wriggles about, trying to get me to let her go in between laughter.

"Wanda! Let me gooooo!" She squeals as I lift her slightly off the ground, careful not to shift her healing arm to much.

"Never!" I say jokingly, before falling backwards against the wall off the house, pulling America down with me.

We both laugh for a few seconds, before falling into comfortable silence as I hold America close to my chest.

I missed this. Holding my boys close so I knew they were safe, and just feeling absolute content for a short amount of time.

America has finally settled in, and is fully relaxed with me. I can't say I'm not enjoying taking care of her.

"Come on, princessa." I kiss America's forehead softly, pushing her off my body gently, so I could stand up.

"Nooo!" She whines, sounding a lot younger than she was. "Your comfyyyy!"

I laugh at her argument, poking her in the ribs, which made America squeal with laughter and shy away from me.

"Is that so?" I tease, tickling America which made her shriek loudly.

Her laugh was the most contagious thing on the planet, and it automatically made me smile whenever I heard it.

"Still comfy?" I ask, pausing my tickling for a second.

"No." America huffs, pushing herself up from my lap.

I chuckle at the girls pout. "Thought so." I stand up from the grass, putting my arm around America's shoulders as we walk back to the house.

"What's for lunch?" The teen asks, all traces of her annoyance gone.

One thing that I had learned about America was that she could eat for the entire country. She never seemed to get full, apart from the other night when she had one too many pizza balls and spent the next half an hour with her head in the toilet bowl.

So after that I was more careful with not letting her eat TOO much.

"I was thinking pasta." I propose, remembering the left over sauce that I had in the fridge.