familiar face

Hey guyssss! Welcome to the next chapter, which as usual I'm making up on the spot so we shall just roll with the plot. Anyways, hope you all enjoy!

~~~

This was it.

I have been trying for days to get my children back, and every time I became closer and closer. I could feel the connection, but it was just so far away...

But tonight I am determined to push myself for however long it takes to get them back. I've left them alone for long enough.

As usual I waited until America was in a deep sleep before beginning, as I didn't want her finding me in an exhausted state again.

I think she's noticed that I've been more tired these past few days, but I just assured her I haven't been getting much sleep. Which was partly true.

As I have done all the previous nights, I open the Darkhold, and lay it onto my bedroom floor, getting rid of my Astral Form for now as I needed all the power I could muster.

I feel my power rush through me, as I quietly start to chant the ancient spells. As I do, the tips of my fingers turn black. A side effect I had noticed that happens only when I'm using the Darkhold. It goes away one I close the book.

Flashes. Flashes of worlds. Flashes of so many different universes. But not the one I was looking for...

I feel sweat start to trickle down my face as I push my powers further. I could feel them, I know they are here somewhere...

Suddenly, I hear two familiar voices. Their faint. But they're there.

"Mom! Mom! Help up please!"

"Mom! Help us!"

My boys. It was my boys, and they were calling for me.

For a split second, I catch a glimpse of them together in a room. They look slightly older than they did when I got rid of the hex, but they still had the same faces and similar clothes, with Billy in jeans and a red t-shirt, while Tommy was in a green tracksuit.

I open my mouth to call their names, but I'm suddenly sucked away from the blurry picture, and I feel myself fall back onto the floor, breathing heavily.

I felt exhausted. More exhausted than normal. I could barely shut the book and crawl back into my bed, before darkness overtook me.

But I had done it. I had reached my boys! Now I just needed my powers to grow so I could get them home...

~~~

"Wanda? Wanda can you hear me?"

I felt groggy and exhausted. My body felt like I had been hit by a truck.

That voice isn't America's... But it's also familiar.

"Is she gonna be okay?"

That was America's voice. Oh god I passed out again. America was probably worried sick about me.

I try to force my eyes open, feeling a migraine already coming on.

"She's waking up!" I hear America's voice cheer, although it sounded super foggy and far away.

"Wanda? Wanda can you hear us?" The male voice repeats, and I see another figure leaning over my bed.

I groan at the pain in my head, letting my eyes adjust to the light.

The first thing I see that shocks me, is the man standing in my room. The man who I thought cared for me, until he didn't call once after the battle with Thanos. The man who my brother sacrificed his life for. The man who took care of me when no one else did when I first came to the Compound.