seeking, but not finding

Yo guys! Here's another chapter outtttt cause I found some motivation for this is maths so. Hope you all enjoy

~~~

I was determined to find my boys. I knew it would be wrong to take them from another variant of myself, which I had found out was a thing yesterday while I was reading through the Darkhold.

Part of me knew I shouldn't be reading the book on dark magic, but I deserve my family back. I deserve Vision, I deserve my boys, and I deserve my brother. That's all I want.

I don't want to rule the multiverse or 'destroy the world' as Agatha put it. I just want to be with my family. That's all I want.

I waited till I couldn't hear any noise coming from America's room, and then went to check and see if she was actually sleep.

I slowly push open America's bedroom door, which she always asks me to leave ajar, and glance over at the bed, where America was sprawled out half under the covers and turned round the wrong way.

I don't know what this girl was doing in her sleep, but she always wakes up in the most peculiar positions.

Once I'm sure that she is asleep, I retreat back to my bedroom, and sit down cross legged in the middle of the floor, with the Darkhold in front of me.

I take a deep breath, before opening the book that I had read over and over again using my astral form of the Scarlet Witch, while I went about my day with America.

I close my eyes, feeling the powers of the book run into my veins.

I start to quietly chant a spell that will let me search the multiverse for a universe where I had died. I couldn't dream walk there as I had no body to posses, so I would have to summon a lot of power to even find it, let alone get my boys, but I wouldn't let that stop me.

I close my eyes, letting myself fall into the Darkhold's grasp.

I see flashes. Flashes of different worlds, but none of them were what I was looking for. I try to reach out further and I feel my breath start to get shaky as I stretch my powers even further. Just a bit more. Just a bit more.

Suddenly, the connection closes and I fall harshly back onto the floor, trying to catch my breath.

I see pecks of blood fall onto the carpet, and lift my hand to my face to feel blood trickling from my nose.

I try to contain the blood in my hands, as I reach onto the dresser and use an old t shirt to contain the bleeding.

I was sweating profusely, and my head was pounding. I guess I had stretched my limits.

I knew finding them would be hard, so I'll try again tomorrow after my powers have grown even more as I can feel them growing day by day.

I felt extremely light headed once the bleeding had stopped, so I clumsily hide away the Darkhold, and use my powers to clean the blood off the carpet, before practically falling into bed and immediately getting overtaken by exhaustion.

~~~

"Mama! Mama! Mama, are you okay?!"

The first thing I hear when I wake up is America's slightly muffled voice calling to me.

I slowly open my eyes, and see America leaning over me with a worried expression on her face.

"Thank god!" She sighs in relief when she sees my eyes open. "You weren't waking up! And I didn't know what to do!"

I immediately felt bad for America finding me in this state. I didn't know it would take this much out of me...

"I'm sorry sweetheart, I'm just feeling a bit under the weather." I croak, my throat feeling very dry.