so who exactly are you?

Heyyyy! Here's the second chapterrrr, so I hope you all enjoy! Also ty for all the reads! Love you all!

~~~

I was making hot chocolate for myself and America for when she came out of the bathroom. I also intended to ask how she got here, and what happened for her to be covered in cuts and mud.

I was adding whipped cream to both mugs, as I knew the twins would refuse any hot drink if it didn't have whipped cream, when I hear the bathroom door creak open.

I turn my head and see America standing in the doorway nervously, wearing the clothes that I had shrunk down for her, which made her look even younger than 11.

I could see her shivering slightly as her hair wetted her back, so I beckoned her forward and sat her down on a chair.

"W-What are you doing?" America asks shyly, turning around to see what I was doing.

"I'm going to braid your hair." I tell her simply, sectioning her wet hair off into pieces.

America doesn't say anything, but she does relax again slightly, although I can still see the tenseness in her back.

I braid her hair like Nat had taught me all those months ago when we were on the run, humming a song to myself that Mama and Papa used to sing to me and Pietro as kids when we couldn't sleep because of the bombs outside.

I can see America's tense back loosen slightly as I hum gently to fill the comfortable silence.

Before long I tie a hair tie at the end of the braid, and move my hands to her shoulders.

"How does a hot chocolate sound?" I ask, grinning at the girl who looks confused and slightly emotional.

"What's wrong?" I immediately notice the bloodshot eyes, worried that I had said something to upset her.

"Oh-" America quickly wipes her eyes. "It's nothing. It's just... my Mom's used to braid my hair for me..." She whispers, her voice cracking slightly at the end.

This was the first thing she had told me about her past, and it was clear that her Mom's were no longer around...

"I'm sorry, sweetheart." I put a small piece of stray hair behind her ear, making her give me a watery smile.

"Thank you for your kindness, Wanda. But what is hot chocolate?"

I frown in slight confusion. What child doesn't know what hot chocolate is?

"Well... it's like warm chocolate milk but creamier." I try to explain the drink as I walk over to the counter, picking up the two mugs and placing one in front of America.

"I promise you'll like it." I assure her, taking a sip of my own.

America watches me take a sip, before taking one herself.

I chuckle as I see her face light up in delight as she licks the cream off her lips happily.

"I'm guessing you like it?" I can't help but grin as I lean over and wipe the cream from Americas nose.

She nods excitedly, taking another large sip. "This is really good!"

"I'm glad." I take a sip of my own, preparing myself for my next question.

"America." The girl lifts her head from her mug to look at me. "How exactly did you get here?"

I see her hesitate at my question, and I immediately fear that I've pushed her too far and she'll shrink back into herself.

"I-I have the power to travel through multiverses." She shrugs, shyly.

Multiverses? I knew little about the multiverse, but from what I've heard, it's a dangerous place.