it's nice that you care

Heyyy! Welcome to the new chapter! I'm loving everyone who was very excited about seeing our favourite archer in the last chapter, so I've kinda decided how long I'm gonna keep him around for, which isn't that long I'm afraid as we all know Wanda isn't dumb enough to use the Darkhold with Clint there. But I hope you enjoy him none the less! So in short enjoy the last chapter of Clint. (For now)

~~~

I've got to admit. I've missed Clint, and it's been nice to have him around for these past few days while I recovered from my power exhaustion.

It eased my mind to know that someone else was taking care of America for me as I was currently unable to do so, and I hate to think how bored she would have been without Clint here.

He of course had started teaching her archery in the garden, which she immediately fell in love with. Another dangerous sport. Thanks Clint.

After each archery lesson she would run back into my room and excitedly explain the lesson to me in detail, while I smiled and listened to her rambling happily.

Clint had of course tried to teach me archery back at the Compound, but let's just say that after the incident with Stark's window, we both decided to keep any bows and arrows far away from me, which Sam kept to, and would dramatically remove any bow or arrow that I walked within a metre off.

I was quickly regaining my strength though, and I was up and about for the most of the day, catching up with my daughter and former mentor.

America ADORED Clint's mission stories, and the ones of him when he was at the Circus. Funnily enough, these were all my personal favourite stories back when we used to sit in my room for hours after Ultron and I would lay in my bed, while Clint spent hours just talking to me, with no reply back.

I hated him at first. I thought he was the reason for my brothers death. Him and that stupid boy Costel...

But after a while, he began to grow on me and I realised that it wasn't Clint's fault. He eventually introduced me to Nat and Steve, who I loved to hang out with around the Compound when I wasn't with Sam or Vision. God I sometimes miss how simple things were...

"Mama, look!" America's voice snaps my attention back to the trampoline, where she was bouncing with Clint.

For a 50 year old man, he's still got it in him, i'll give him that.

"Careful you don't break your back, Clint." I tease, making him shoot a glare at me.

"Hilarious, Wands."

I laugh lightly, watching slightly anxiously as they both bounce around, until Clint double bounces America, sending her high above the net, before Clint catches her on the way back down.

"Did you see?!" America spins to face me, pressing her face up against the netting.

"I did, princessa! Very good!" I smile at my daughters happiness.

"Okay, kid. Uncle Clint's done for the day." Clint slowly climbs off the huge trampoline, waiting with his arms outstretched for America.

Yep. She still refused to touch the ladder after it gave her that electric shock, and instead of jumping over it, she makes either me or Clint come and lift her down every time.

America bounces over to him, and he quickly lifts her out of the trampoline, with an exaggerated grunt.

Once safely on the ground, America runs over to where I was sitting on the porch step with a mug of coffee in my hands. It was starting to get colder as winter neared, and mountains weren't exactly the warmest of places come winter time.