unexpected guest

This is a huge stepping stone in this book so get urself some popcorn, however don't choke on it in shock ok? I'm not paying for y'all's funerals. This chapter will bring back another familiar face, so get ready for a ride lads. Hope you enjoy!

~~~

"Mama?" America asks, uncharacteristically playing with her food instead of wolfing it down like she normally did at meal times.

"What is in princessa? Do you feel sick?" I question, leaning over to feel her temperature, which didn't seem any warmer than usual.

"No, nothing like that..." America moves away from my touch, her face more serious than usual.

"Then why aren't you eating?" I push, knowing that America never not wants to eat.

"I was just gonna ask why you passed out, and why you have been looking more tired lately." She mumbles, obviously afraid I would yell at her for the question. "Is it the book you're using to try and get Billy and Tommy back?"

Shit. I couldn't keep lying to her. But I also didn't want to tell her I was using dark magic to try and get my family back... Our family back...

"Well, um... Yes, a little bit." I admit. "The book requires for me to use a lot of my strength, and it drains me quite a lot after I'm done using it." I explain, missing out all of the details.

America nods, a small frown on her face. "Is it hurting you?"

"No, sweetheart. It's just tiring. But I'm not giving up until all of our family is home and you have two siblings to play with, as well as a speedster Uncle, and an amazing Dad."

America smiles at this. "When are you gonna find them so we can go get them?"

"Soon, sweetheart. Soon."

~~~

In the following night while I was looking through the multiverse, I decided to look and see if there was a reality where I had died in the battle of Ultron, and Pietro had survived...

It must be out there somewhere, but I just had to find it and then I could bring my Pietro home...

I feel blood dripping from my nose as I push my mind further into the flashing colours. Come on, come on...

I didn't know how to actually bring people into my reality. I hadn't gotten that far yet, so I had no idea how I was going to bring my boys back without having America with me.

America was doing well with her powers, but there's only so much I could do to help her due to my lack of knowledge regarding the multiverse.

The only person that I knew who knew about the multiverse was Stephen Strange, who was the one to tell me that I needed to help fight Thanos after I dusted back in Wakanda with Vision's body nowhere to be seen.

But he had no doubt heard about what had happened at Westview, so he probably wouldn't want to help me right now...

I waver slightly in the air, and my headache grows as I try to push myself further. I knew he was out here. I just needed to find where...

Eventually the strain becomes too much, and my powers spiral slightly, making them involuntarily branch me off somewhere.

"Sestra?" I hear a familiar accented voice call.

"Pietro?" I gasp back in shock. The disrupt in concentration makes me fall to the ground with a thud.

But unlike normal, I'm not the only presence in the room.

My vision is blurred, but I make out the shape of a man with silver hair kneeling next to me.

"Pietro?" I rasp out, my eyes failing to stay in focus.