nightmares

Another chapterrrr (no these updates aren't new I'm just editing soz guys)

~~~

Sleep has always been a struggle for me. After our parents died, my dreams have always been plagued with nightmares, so I tried to sleep as little as possible to avoid waking up screaming.

Pietro used to comfort me after a nightmare. Then it was Clint, Nat and Steve. Then it was Vis... But I don't want to burden America with my problems. She has enough of her own to worry about mine.

The nights however were the worst. Without anything to distract me, I could hear the Darkhold calling to me... What if it has the answer on how to get my boys and Vision back?

I quickly reach out with my mind, and check to see if America was asleep, before walking to my closet where I kept the Darkhold locked in a box.

I slowly open the closet door, and the whispers of the book become louder. It was calling to me...

I kneel down and unlock the box with my shaky hands, starting at the dark book, which was surrounded with dark magic.

I tentatively pick it up and bring it back to my bed, opening it to the first chapter.

I begin reading all the dark spells, until I reach a chapter called 'the multiverse.'

I was so invested in the book, and I could feel myself being almost bonded to it. It's like I was destined to read it.

Agatha did say there was a chapter dedicated to The Scarlet Witch, so I must be powerful enough to do all of these spells if I wanted to.

Some were too gruesome to even think of, but I came across one that would allow me to look through different multiverses...

A terrified scream brought me from my thoughts, and I fall back down to the bed. I never even realised I was floating...

I immediately slam the book shut, ignoring the whispers as I throw it back into my closet, before running to America's room, where the scream was coming from.

Before I open the door, I can hear the sound of America's portal, so I kick the door open and gasp in shock.

"Mama, help me!" America screams, only just holding onto the bed as the star attempts to suck her through.

I immediately use my powers to pull her towards me, struggling slightly at the strong pull of the portal that America had obviously summoned in her sleep.

"It's okay, baby. It's okay! Mama's got you, I'm not gonna let you go!" I let out a gasp of pain, as I have to fight to make sure America doesn't get pulled into the multiverse.

Just as suddenly as it opened, I give America one hard pull and she flies into my arms, the portal closing at the same time as the connection is broken.

America immediately bursts into sobs, and I cling onto her tightly. It suddenly hitting me that I nearly lost her. I nearly lost my daughter.

"Mama! Mama! Mama!" America repeats over and over, sobbing hysterically in my arms.

"I'm here. Your okay, baby. I've got you. I've got you." I gasp out, my own tears falling down my face.

I comfort her for the next half an hour, as she sobs into my chest out of fear.

I can't believe I just nearly let her get taken away from me. God I'm an awful mother.

"I'm sorry!" She gasps out in between deep breaths. "I'm sorry I called you Mama!"

That was what she was worried about? Not nearly being sucked through a portal. But she wanted to apologise to me for calling me Mama... "You can call me Mama, princessa." I kiss her forehead, trying to not let me emotions get in the way.