settling in

Next chapter! Boom look at me go! Also, go read my other stories as they are alright too. Enjoy!

~~~

I wake up the same time I do every morning, after another dream about my boys. They would love America, and so would Vis. We could all be one big happy family...

I quickly push these thoughts to the back of my mind. That can't happen because there gone. There gone.

I take a shaky breath, throwing the comforter off me and getting dressed and ready for the day.

By the time I'm in the kitchen it's still only 7:30am, so I assume that America is still asleep. Poor girl is probably exhausted.

I busy myself with making myself a coffee and a hot chocolate for America, as she seemed to like it so much last night.

After 30 minutes of seeing no sign of the girl, I go to the guest room to check that she was okay, leaving the mugs in the kitchen.

I slowly push open the door, careful not to wake her if she was sleeping. I peer into the bed and my heart melts at the sight in front of me, as I let out a silent chuckle.

America had somehow managed in the night to almost completely turn around in the bed, so her feet were now on the pillow. She was snoring gently, and I could see a small trail of drool coming from her mouth.

She looked even younger when she was sleeping, but she was already so little in such a big multiverse. No eleven year old should be running away from monsters through multiverses.

America reminds me a lot of Tommy, even in her face shape, she resembles my boys...

I place my hand gently on her cheek, hoping not to startle her awake.

"Ammy. Time to wake up, sweetheart." I whisper, the nickname slipping of my tongue as I brush my hand along the girls cheek out of habit, wiping away the trail of drool with my sleeve.

America slowly starts to stir, moving her body around slightly in the bed, before her eyes jump open, and flash white before returning to there original brown colour.

"It's alright. You safe, your safe. It's me, Wanda." I assure the girl, not wanting a portal to come and whisk us away.

America jumps away from me, wincing as she moves her arm to much, her breathing fast for a few seconds before she takes in her surroundings, and seemingly calms down slightly.

"You alright?" I ask gently, not wanting to startle the girl any further.

America takes a shaky breath and nods hesitantly. "S-Sorry." She apologises quickly. "I-I just got confused for a second."

I immediately brush off her apology, assuring her that nothing was her fault.

Once she had calmed down and moved back towards me on the bed, I help her put her sling back on, before telling her that another hot chocolate was waiting for her in the kitchen if she wanted it.

This immediately perks America up, and she hurries out of the door at incredible speed, making me laugh.

I make my way more slowly into the kitchen, and see America gulping down the chocolaty liquid with her good arm, her upper lip covered in foam once again.

"Slow down, Ammy. You'll get stomach ache." I warn, taking a sip of my own coffee.

"I'm from another universe. How do you know my stomach works the same as yours?" She retorts sassily, making me raise an eyebrow at her.

America immediately blushes, staring down at the table and muttering a sorry.

I was secretly glad that she was already becoming more comfortable around me, so I watch her subtly out of the corner of my eye as I use my powers to make some breakfast.