power control

Hey guys, girls and gays! Hope your all doing okay, and I hope you enjoy this update!

~~~

America was very against using her powers, and whenever I brought it up she always changed the conversation, but I knew we couldn't ignore it forever and the longer we leave it, the more dangerous it is.

I would never forgive myself if America got scared and accidentally sent herself somewhere in the multiverse all alone. I couldn't let that happen. I can't loose anyone else. Not again.

"You can't keep putting this off forever, sweetheart." I tell the brunette calmly, as she once again tries to ignore the conversation of her powers.

"What if something goes wrong?" She asks, looking scared. "What if I accidentally suck you and me into the multiverse and can't get us back?"

I place a hand softly on her shoulder. "Then I would find us another house in that multiverse. It's not like anyone would miss me here." I can't help but grimace slightly at my own words. I had no one left.

America glances nervously at me. "Are you sure?"

I nod firmly, rubbing her shoulder. "I'm sure this world would be better without me..."

"That's not true." America immediately replies, without missing a beat. "You saved me when I had no one, and you are so sweet and kind. Every world deserves someone like you, Mama."

My eyes widen at the name that America just used to address me with.

Sure she had been with me for nearly a month now, and I definitely viewed her as a daughter, but I didn't want to say anything to make her uncomfortable.

America seemed to notice the name slip too, as she blushes and coughs. "I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to call you Mama. I'm so-"

I cut off her panicked rambling, by placing a kiss on her forehead.

"You can call me that if you want to America." I tell her, with a wide smile. It felt nice to hear that name again, although Billy and Tommy both always called me Mom or Mommy. Never Mama.

America still looks embarrassed, and scurries off into the living room.

I can't help but feel slightly disappointed at her embarrassment of calling me Mama, but I didn't want to push her. She can call me that when she's ready.

~~~

"You have to focus, America." I tell the frustrated brunette, as she once again fails to create a portal. "You have to believe that you can do it."

I was standing next to America, just in case she accidentally sucked us both through, so I could grab her and not get lost. I had also reinforced the hex surrounding the house to grab her and keep her from getting teleported through an unwanted portal.

"It's not working!" America stomps her foot in frustration.

"Getting angry won't help." I tell her, gently. "Just close your eyes, and focus on your favourite climbing tree."

She takes a deep breath, before closing her eyes and shaking out her hands.

I place a hand on her shoulder to reassure her that I wasn't going anywhere.

"Picture the tree, and make yourself determined to get there."

America goes silent for a few seconds, before punching the air in front of her.

I watch in awe as a star shape portal opens, revealing America's favourite climbing tree on the other side.

"Open your eyes." I chuckle at her face, which was still squinted closed.