siblings don't always agree

Heyyyyy! Welcome to the next chapter! You'll be pleased to know that I have the next 18 chapters planned out and I definitely want to do more after that, but I've reached a point where I want to be at for now, so I hope you all look forward to them in the near future. More of our favourite characters will be making an appearance, some family some not, and I hope you all respond well to them. Hope you enjoy!

~~~

For the next few days America thankfully recovered from her sickness bug which I suspected to be the flu, and thankfully she didn't take a turn for the worse, but we definitely took an unnecessary risk letting her get sick.

I've noticed that my brother has been leaving the house more and more. Going on runs to god knows where, often coming back with various things for America, and various food. All of which I could have gotten for her with a snap of my fingers.

I hadn't talked to him about it yet, as I was busy trying to figure out how to get my boys back as I now knew where they were, but something was stopping me from getting to them, and I didn't know what it was.

Pietro had definitely noticed my increased exhaustion, and he had warned me 'not to overdo it', but I definitely felt like there was something he was keeping from me, and I don't know what it was...

"Mama, can we practice my powers?" America asks, turning her head from the Tv to look at me with pleading eyes, while fiddling furiously with her fidget toy.

She had gotten very bored being cooped up in bed all week after her fever had broken, but I made her stay in until she was feeling completely better, as I needed to keep an eye on her incase her body reacted funny to the sickness.

"Maybe at the weekend, baby." I answer, glancing outside of the window. "It's still pretty frosty outside and your still not 100% better."

America huffs. "But I ammm!"

"Your temperature is still a little high." I tell the girl, resisting from smiling at her adorable pouty face.

"I'm so bored though!" She defends. "Pietro would let me go out..." She mutters the last part more quietly, making me frown.

"What was that?" I ask more sternly, seeing if she would tell me the truth.

"Doesn't matter..." America grumbles, turning her head back to the Tv.

I can't help but let a flicker of jealously course though me as I think about what America just said. Sure Pietro was your typical 'fun uncle', but I was still her Mom. But after her fever broke and before she was sick, she's been wanting to spend a lot more time with my brother rather than me.

Of course I want America to have a good relationship with her Uncle, and I feel bad for feeling jealously towards him, but it's just another thing I have to share.

God what am I saying? America is a child. Not a birthday or a toy.

"Did I hear someone say donuts?" Pietro runs in with his super speed, making me jump.

"Jesus Christ, you scared the crap outta me!" I shriek, glaring at my speedster brother.

"Ah, you'll get over it. Here, have a donut."

Before I can reply, a chocolate donut is shoved in my mouth.

"I want one! I want one!" America jumps up of the sofa and runs into the kitchen.

"Mama, what's a donut?" She asks, glancing at the apparently new food.

I take the donut Pietro had just shoved in my mouth out. "It's like a cake but more pastry like. Here have a taste." I offer her the part of my donut that I haven't bitten into, and she takes a bite, her little face immediately lighting up.