Chapter 8

Y/n's pov

"Is it just me or does this office keep getting better and better?" Mobius says.

"I know right!" I say, chuckling.

"Hey where'd you get that one, the snow globe?" He points to the snow globe, on the shelf with her helmet, a shoe, and a pruner.

"I love those, I don't remember brining back that case." Mobius says.

"Oh! I remember that one!" I say.

"Your not the only analyst working for me." Ravonna says.

"But would you say I'm your favorite one?" Mobius asks.

"Uh no! I'm her favorite!" I say.

"And why do you get to keep all the trophies from my cases in here, you don't think I would love having that roller skate there sprucing up my cubicle"

"Because I approve the missions."

"Good point." Mobius says.

"Speaking of which, let's just talk about the one you two just botched. You might need this for our discussion." She hands us a glass with wine in it.

I sigh "I hope it's a double." Taking a sip.

"This variant is..." she flips her papers, "insubordinate, stubborn, unpredictable." She puts her papers down "sounds like someone else I know."

"I was just thinking it sounds like someone I know." Mobius says, as they both look at me.

"Well..." I start, taking another sip, hiding my embarrassment.

Mobius also takes a sip, and place's it on the table right next to him.

"Mobius?" Ravonna says, furrowing her brows.

"What?" Mobius starts "Those rings were already there!"

"And there all from you!" Both me and Ravonna say in union.

"Maybe, it's from your other favorite analyst." Mobius says.

Other favorite?

"Listen, Ravonna, I'm sorry I realize that, you know, my methods with this Loki are controversial, but..."

"Towing a dangerous Variant into the field is controversial." Ravonna interrupts Mobius.

"Yeah, it didn't go exactly how I wanted it to today, but here's what we did find out, the variant likes to stall for time, and eventually we'll catch the other one doing the same thing because understanding this Loki helps me get closer to the one we're chasing." Mobius takes a deep breath. "Right?"

"Look, I know you have a soft spot for broken things." Ravonna starts.

"I don't think so." Mobius shakes his head.

"Yea, you do." I say.

"Thank you, see. Look, Loki, is a evil, lying, scourge. That is the part he plays on the Sacred Timeline."

"We'll, maybe he wants to mix it up, sometimes you get tired of playing the same part. Is that possible? He can change?" Mobius says.

"Not unless the Time-Keepers decree it. And then it shall be so."

"How are the Time-Keepers anyway?" I ask.

Ravonna sighs "How do you think?!"

"I don't know. I've never met 'em." I shrug, taking another sip of wine.

"The Time-Keepers are monitoring every aspect of this case. I've never seen them so involved. They want that variant caught." Ravonna takes a deep breath.