Chapter 23

Loki's pov

"You idiot! You led the wolves to our door!" Older Loki said to me as I am surrounded by other Loki variants of me.

"We prefer snakes to wolves." The President Loki says, standing in the middle with all of his other variants.

"I've eaten both. They die just the same." Younger Loki spat.

"Apologies, my liege." Thor lookalike said, bringing his hammer to Younger Loki's cheek. I furrow my brows. "I betrayed you, and now, I'm king."

President Loki steps forward a couple steps "About that.." he starts, and all the other Loki's bring their weapons up.

"You can't be serious." Thor lookalike says.

"Come on. What did you expect?!" President Loki says, bringing his hands to his side, raising them.

"That's not the bargain!" Thor lookalike says, and I furrowed my brows. What did I just start?!

"I gave you our location. In exchange for shelter and supplies.-" I put my hands on my hips, sighing, and looking down, shaking my head "you give me your army and I take the throne."

"Ah, yes. Not so good a bargain. How about this one? My army, my throne?" President Loki starts.

"About that..." one of the Loki's says, and they all bring their weapons to President Loki's throat, now all their weapons are surrounding him all around.

He furrows his brows. "Why you beef-witted, half-faced scrubs. We had a deal!" He spat. And I shook my head, crossing my arms.

"For Odins sake!" Thor lookalike says, and Alligator Loki growls, looking like he'll attack at any moment. I sigh, putting my hand on my forehead.

"Why the hell is there an alligator in here?" President Loki spat.

"He's a Loki." Thor lookalike, Younger Loki, and Older Loki say in union.

Alligator Loki growls some more, then jumps up, and bites President Loki's arm.

He grunt's, trying to get him off, but fails and instead his whole hand is taken off.

President Loki looks at his now gone hand, then screams after a moment of processing what just happened.

They all start fighting, as Alligator Loki is still chewing on his hand.

I step back, almost getting hit by some Loki, before taking this moment to get out of here while everyone else is busy fighting, and arguing.

I put my hands on my hips, this is a sight to see...

The three of us finally escaped the fighting going on still, and Older Loki opens a portal for us to go through, as they go I look back at the fight I just started.

I sigh, turning back around, going through the portal with the other two Loki's.

"Damn it! Animals. Animals!" Older Loki spat. "We lie, and cheat we cut the throat of every person who trusts us. And for what? Power. Glorious power. Glorious purpose! We cannot change. We're broken, every version of us. Forever."

"And whatever one of us dares try to fix themselves, they're sent here to die!" Younger Loki added.

"That's why I need to get out of here!" I spat.

"Nothing can change until the TVA is stopped." I add, stopping, and they stop too, looking back to me.

"And you trust her?" Older Loki asks.

"She's the only one I do trust." I say, talking about Y/n but they think I'm talking about Sylive.

"And right now, I belive she's our only chance of stopping the TVA." I add.

"That's good enough for me." Younger Loki sighs.

Older Loki looked at me for a moment "Okay. Okay. We'll help you. But... approaching Alioth is a death sentence. We'll get you to it, but that's as far as we go."

Y/n's pov.

"All that time. I really thought we were the good guys." I and Mobius said in union, as I looked down.

"Annihilating entire realities orphaning little girls. Classic hero stuff." Sylive says.

"Well, I guess when you think the ends justify the means, there's not much you won't do." Mobius said, and I look back up. "By the way you did some annihilating too." Mobius adds.

"I did what I had to do."

"Yeah, so did I." Mobius said.

"You hunted me like a dog."

He looks to Sylive, then back where he's going "I'm sorry about that."

There was silence for a moment before Sylive breaks it "When I pruned myself, I thought I might be able to find Loki. That storm. That thing, it's likely already got him."

I start to tear up at the thought.

"You really belive that?" Mobius asks.

"It doesn't matter." Sylive says, and I furrow my brows. It doesn't matter?! "The only thing that matters now is getting out of here and finding out who's behind all of this."

And find Loki. I mentally add.

"Great. How do we do that?" I and Mobius said in union.

"Turn around."

"Turn around? What and go back to the angry cloud?"

"Yeah. I think it might be the answer. We're going back to it."

"I-If I may-" I start

"No!" Sylive interrupts.

"Apologies.." I say, more under my breath, but I knew they could still hear, as Mobius thinks for a moment, before turning around.