Chapter 17

Y/n's pov

"Why'd you do that?" I asked Mobius when the Minute-Men put Loki in another portal.

"He's lying don't you get that?" Mobius said while walking out the door, and I follow.

"Maybe he's telling the truth, just give him a chance!"

"What, do I have to put you in there too?" Mobius asked.

"No! But I'm just sayin' there's a chance he could be right!" I said.

"Oh shut up, he's messing with your mind, don't you get that?" Mobius said and now we're at the door to Ravonna's office.

"Come on, just let it go, we need to talk to her." Mobius said before opening the door.

Maybe he's right, I should just let it go, Loki's just messing with my mind. I shook my head.

"Hey." He said.

Ravonna looked up from her papers, smiling at us. "Shouldn't you be interrogating the Loki Variant?"

"He's softening in the Time Cell, but while he marinates, I thought maybe I'd interview the other Variant." Mobius said.

"Oh, no. Just stick with your Loki and figure out what that nexus spike was." Ravonna shook her head.

"I know, but I think I can get there faster if I work 'em both together. You said we have a part to play, and the part I play-" Mobius starts before he's cut off "Absolutely not. She's just too dangerous." Ravonna said.

"Too dangerous? Come on, Ravonna. This is what we do!"

"And this is what I do. Nobody speaks with that Variant."

Mobius shook his head "I mean, if there's a mastermind here, I don't think it's Loki." I and Mobius said.

"Good." Ravonna smiled "Then he should be the easiest to break! Work your Loki and figure out what caused that spike. Time-Keepers are watching, Mobius, and Y/n."

Mobius rolled his eyes, walking to the door "They're always watching!" I and Mobius said in union. "'Work your Loki, work your Loki.'" He said in a mocking tone to which made me snicker "That ought to be my mantra." Mobius added, walking out the door, and I follow him, rolling my eyes.

We rounded a corner finding B-15 "Is she in there?"

"Mm-hmm." B-15 nods her head.

"They don't go gently, do they?" I ask, now seeing three Minute-Men guarding the door.

"Aren't you suppose to be interrogating your Variant pet?" B-15 asks, and I rolled my eyes.

"Just stretching our legs." Mobius said.

"You know, we brought in Kree, Titans, vampires. Why is the two orphans demigods such a pain?" I asked.

"And yet it was your idea to bring in another one." B-15 said, and I opened my mouth, but Mobius mouthed 'shut up' to me and I closed my mouth, rolling my eyes.

"I'm happy to share credit for that idea." He said, walking away.

"Mobius? Y/n?" B-15 asks, and Mobius stops walking.

"Did Loki say anything while you were in there?"

"Yeah. He said the TVA is lying to us." I and Mobius said, and he scoffed.

B-15 furrowed her brows like she wanted to believe what Loki said "Why?" Mobius asks.

B-15 shook her head "Just doing my job."

Loki's pov

I'm still on the ground, sighing and catching my breath.

"You!" I hear again. "You conniving..." "Sif. Sif." I sigh. "Craven, pathetic worm."