Chapter 18

Y/n's pov

We're in Ravonna's office, signing some papers.

I signed all I needed too, so I gave Mobius the papers, but he didn't respond.

"Mobius?" I ask, and he shook his head "Oh, yeah."

"You okay?" I ask.

"Yep, I'm good." He says, while signing his papers.

"Case closed!" Ravonna said, as Mobius gave Ravonna the now signed papers.

"Yes!" I and Mobius said in union.

"Cheers." Ravonna said, picking up her glass.

"Cheers." I and Mobius said, picking up our glasses and clinging our glasses with each other's. "To putting all of this behind us." Ravonna adds.

"Amen!" I said.

"If you could go anywhere, anytime, where would it be?" I ask.

"I can go anywhere, anytime." Mobius said.

"Well, you know what I mean." I rolled my eyes.

He thinks for a moment. "Why wouldn't you let me interrogate Sylive?" He asks.

"Sylive?" Ravonna asks.

"The Variant, that's what Loki calls her." I said.

Mobius nods his head "Why wouldn't you let me, you know, question her?"

"I told you, we couldn't risk her escaping again." Ravonna said.

"She wouldn't have escaped!" I and Mobius said in union.

"The other Variant got away during your first interrogation, didn't he?"

"Ouch.." I said under my breath.

"Come on. Anywhere and anytime on the timeline. Where'd you go?" Ravonna asks.

"I like being here now, with you, doing the work." Mobius says.

"Fine." Ravonna took another sip of her wine, then put it down on the table.

Ravonna sighed. "I received word from the Time-Keepers. They want to personally oversee the Variant's pruning. And, they want you two there, too."

I and Mobius furrowed our brows "It's about time!" I said, and Mobius snickered. "Great." Mobius added.

"When... when did you first notice what was going on with C-20?"

"Mobius, what is going on with you?" Ravonna snickered.

"Nothing!"

"We did it!"

"I know."

"The Time-Keepers are happy, mission accomplished."

"It's great." Mobius nods his head "Mission accomplished. It was just that she seemed fine when I... when I saw her. I mean, a little freaked, but fine."

"Well, she quickly wasn't fine." I said, shrugging.

"Okay.."

"Okay."

Ravonna shakes her head "C-20? The Variant? All these questions, what are you getting at?"

Mobius scoffed "I don't know. I..." he trailed off "Something just seems a little off."

Ravonna shakes her head "Fine. You want the truth?" She pauses for a moment "I'm trying to protect you. Would you normally interview something like that? Yeah. But the Variant scares the hell out of me, and I didn't wanna see anything happen to you two." She took a deep breath "C-20 lost her mind. She couldn't even form words by the end. I just couldn't deal with that happening to you two or anyone else. Is that what you wanted to hear?"

"Yeah, if it's the truth." Mobius said.

"You've been spending too much time with Lokis." Ravonna rolled her eyes.

"Yeah." Mobius, said snickering. "I definitely have been spending too much time with Lokis."

"What we do here matters." Ravonna said.

"I know."

"When we're out there fighting for the fate of the Sacred Timeline we're also fighting for this. For us. Friends against time, allies to the end. You've seen all of existence, same as me. So, you know, friendship like ours is uncommon. And worth fighting for. Same as the Sacred Timeline." Ravonna said, grabbing her glass, and drinking it.

"Wow... It was a good speech." I said, nodding my head.

"Thank you." Mobius adds, nodding his head. "I knew I was your favorite analyst. Was that so hard to admire?" Ravonna laugh's.

"What are you gonna do with that trophy?"

"Oh!"

"Where's that gonna go?"

"You're right!" Ravonna gets up, putting her glass down. "Let's see."

Mobius grabs his phone from his pocket, and switch's his phone, with Ravonna's.

"What are you doing?" I whisper to him.

"Shh, I'll tell you later." He says putting her phone in his jacket pocket.

Ravonna puts down a new knife on her desk "How's that?"

"Looks perfect!" Mobius says.

"Hey, you're running outta room there!" I said, snickering at my own words.

Mobius snickered, grabbing his glass. "Follow my lead." He whisper's to me, getting up "All right, we will see you later on." I get up, following his lead, nodding my head.

Ravonna walks closer to us, her eyes brows furrowed "One drink?"

"I had two, didn't I?"

"Mobius!" He snickered, and I also snickered, following his lead. "This is a career case. You sure you're okay?"

"We're just exhausted, dealing with all these Lokis." I said for him, looking to Mobius, making sure I didn't mess anything up, and he nodded, taking another sip, then putting it on the table.

"Fair enough." Ravonna said, looking confused. She's onto us. I thought.

"Let's finish this." Ravonna adds.

"For all time." I and Mobius said in union.

"Always." Ravonna finishes.

"We'll see you up there. Thanks for the drink." Mobius and I said, walking away.

We're walking towards the files, going down one of the isles.

Mobius opens up Ravonna's phone. Searching. It said, the bar going up to 100%

Case: KTWIZ031DLF949VARI21RE: Hunter C-20

Loading Database....

Hunter C-2o. It had a picture of her on the left.

File found.

Mission Debrief

44Y10: Classified.

Haven Hills, AL

Roxxcart

It goes to a video of C-20 "You're not hearing me. I was there. This was real, what I saw. This is a place that I've been." I and Mobius looked back to make sure no one, specifically Ravonna, wasn't there, then back at the tape "This wasn't the TVA. This was a memory! I lived down there. I went to that bar. I had friends. I had a whole life on the Sacred Timeline."

"Calm down." An interrogator says behind the camera.

"'Calm down?' I'm a Variant! So are you. So is every single person in this place-" "I'm ending this!" Ravonna came from behind the camera.

Mobius stopped the tape, and zoomed in on Ravonna, to get a closer look.

He slowly closed her phone, and sighed.

"T-that's Ravonna..." I said, stuttering. "A-nd, I was right! I knew it!"

"Yeah, yeah, just shut up we gotta talk to Loki!" Mobius said, sighing.

"Ravonna is after us, I can feel it. We gotta go!" I said as Mobius opens up an orange portal.