Chapter Thirteen: The Battle of the Bands

I woke up, feeling nervous? Why nervous? Oh right. I slapped myself softly. Today the day of the Battle of the Bands! Today. I jumped out of my bed and changed in what seemed like seconds. I guess it was my nerves. I grabbed an apple again and my song book and ran out of my house all the way to the Academy. When I finally got there, I was panting hard, I must have ran faster than I thought. "You okay?" "Yeah, just a little tired." I said. "Well, today is the day of the show, ya know." "Yes, I know. I'm really nervous." "I'm nervous too!" "Really, Hollyberry?" I ask teasingly. "Yep. That's me." She replied back laughing. "All the classes are canceled because of the competition!" Golden cheese says running. "Really?" Hollyberry asks excitedly. "Yes!" I on the other hand was disappointed. I love school, okay? At least that gave us more time to practice. We all walked down to the gymnasium, where the battle of the bands would be held. "We're first?" I practically scream, reading the sign. "I guess we are." Golden cheese says meekly. "We only have, a minute!" I yell. "Chill, we'll be fine." Holly berry says. I try to calm myself down. "Your right." I say. We walked back stage to prepare. As the gymnasium started to fill, I became more nervous, and it must have been more obvious than I thought. "It's okay, your song will blow them away." Hollyberry said reassuringly. "Thanks." I heard our band name be called up. We all walked up on stage. I grabbed the microphone. I started to sing. 

Amy speaking. If you want to you can listen to the song at the top. I still couldn't find a girl version I liked. Please enjoy.

Do you feel what I feel? Or is it just another dream where I, chase things, that aren't real. Happens more than you would think. 

There's monsters in my dreams. I should fight 'em but I let 'em in. They steal all of my sleep, and it's killing me slowly.  It's killing me slowly. But I'm... safe and sound when you hold me. No more monsters in my dreams. In your eyes, I find peace. I'm safe and sound, I'm safe and sound. Do you see what we could be? Or is it something that's out of reach? That seems cheap but eventually, will cost us greatly. I see us when I dream. Dancing under emerald skies, and I'm lost in your eyes. I finally feel at peace. And I'm... safe and sound when you hold me. No more monsters in my dreams. In your eyes, I find peace. I'm safe and sound, I'm safe and sound. Safe and sound when you hold me. No more monsters in my dreams. In your eyes, I find peace. I'm safe and sound, I'm safe and sound. And then I wake up, and remember that it's made up. Here's to another day without ya. When I finished singing, everyone was surprised. I blushed a deep red color. We all walked back stage, everyone was still in shock. "Did I do bad?" I asked nervous. "No! You did amazing! Better than practice." Hollyberry and Golden cheese assured me. "Okay, thanks." I said gratefully. As we heard the other band play, we were nervous. They walked back stage and after a few minutes we all were called up again. "Both bands played their best. And it was a difficult decision, but also uncomplicated. The Ancients won!" I stood there shocked, I didn't believe we won. Yet we did. I stood there, just stood there, shocked. I got out of my trance and hugged the girls so tight they could have crumbled! I was so happy they convinced me to do this. we walked back to the hall were I decided to head home. I was overjoyed. I walked home without Pure Vanilla. I was surprised that Vanilla didn't come to school today, but I do recall him saying that it was for a family emergency. I took of my shoes, ate and Diary, well today was amazing. Diary, goodnight.