。3 。

♡

DAKOTA, SIDNEY, Tatum, Stu Macher, Billy Loomis and Randy Meeks sat on the edge of a fountain, picking at their snacks at break time. Sidney was leaning on Billy's knee, the boy lying down while Stu was close to Tatum, Randy the other side of the blonde girl and Dakota sitting beside Sidney, next to Stu.

"Remember, your principal loves you, and I want you to be safe. All students are encouraged to return to their homes promptly from school grounds. Avoid strangers, walk in twos and threes..." Mr. Himbry droned on over the speakers, his voice echoing through the outside grounds.

"What kind of questions did they ask you two?" Tatum looked between Sidney and Dakota.

"They asked me if I knew Casey." Sidney replied.

"Yeah, same here." Dakota nodded before she ate a grape.

"They asked me that, too." Tatum hummed.

"Hey, did they ask you if you like to hunt?" Stu asked, looking over Dakota's shoulder at Billy.

"Yeah, they did." Billy answered without sitting up. "Did they ask you?"

"Hunt? Why would they ask you if you liked to hunt?" Tatum inquired.

"'Cause of the way they were killed." Dakota spoke up. "Gutted, as you would do to what you catch hunting."

"Thank you, Dakota." Billy said, sitting up and Dakota looked to Sidney who was looked down at her hands.

"Sorry, love." She apologised quietly, the girl giving her a small smile back.

"They didn't ask me if I like to hunt." Tatum stated.

"'Cause there's no way a girl could've killed 'em." Stu chuckled.

"That is so sexist." Tatum started. "The killer would easily be female. Basic Instinct."

"That was an ice pick. Not exactly the same thing." Randy denied.

"Yeah, Casey and Steve were completely hollowed out. And the fact is, it takes a man to do something like that." Stu explained and Dakota threw a grape at his forehead.

"Or a man's mentality." Tatum remarked.

"How do you... gut someone?" Sidney asked rhetorically, her voice breaking in the middle of her sentence.

Stu took that literally, "You take a knife, and you slit 'em from the groin to sternum."

"Hey, it's a called tact, you fuck-rag." Billy shot back.

"Dick." Dakota grumbled, slapping him around the back of the head.

"Hey, Stu, didn't you used to date Casey?" Sidney questioned.

"Yeah, for like two seconds." Stu answered.

"Before she dumped him for Steve." Randy told Tatum who turned to Stu in confusion.

"I thought you dumped her for me." Tatum said.

"I did. He's full of shit." Stu defended himself.

"And are the police aware that you dated the victim?" Randy asked.

"Hey, what are you saying? That I killed her?" Stu asked.

"It would certainly improve your high school 'Q'." Randy nodded.

"Stu was with me last night, okay?" Tatum smirked, leaning into him.

"Yeah, I was." Stu smirked too.

"Ooh. Was that before or after he sliced and diced?" Randy quizzed jokingly, emphasising 'sliced and diced' in a funny voice.

Sidney straightened up again and Billy looked away. Dakota looked at Sidney and grabbed her hand, squeezing it gently.

"Fuck you, nutcase. Where were you last night?" Tatum demanded.

"Working, thank you." Randy answered cockily.

"At the video store? I thought they fired your sorry ass." Tatum smiled.

"Twice." Randy grinned.

"I didn't kill anybody." Stu stated.

"Nobody said you did." Billy chimed in.

Stu looked to him, "Thanks, buddy."

"Besides, it takes a man to do something like that." Randy imitated.

"Yo, I'm gonna gut your ass in a second, kid." Stu joked

"Tell me something. Did you really put her liver in the mailbox? 'Cause I heard that they found her liver in the mailbox, next to her spleen and her pancreas." Randy stood on the edge of the fountain, putting a funny voice on again.

"Randy, you goon! I'm trying to eat here." Tatum slapped his arm.

"She's getting mad, right. Better liver alone." Stu laughed and Dakota rolled her eyes as Sidney squeezed her hand tighter, kissing Billy's cheek. "Liver alone!"

Sidney left the conversation and Billy slapped Stu harshly, "Ow! Liver, liver. It was a joke."

"You got absolutely everyone laughing, ass-hat." Dakota mumbled sarcastically, throwing another grape at his head.

{708}