。23 。

♡

"ARE YOU eating enough?"

"Mum—"

"I heard people can feel uncomfortable eating in front of others, I was worried! And don't drink too much alcohol at any parties!" Elizabeth rambled down Dakota's ear.

She laughed softly, leaning against a tree, "I won't, it tastes shit anyway."

"That's not the point! Always keep a hand over your drink, any drink! I'll send you those things you can stick in bottle necks!" Elizabeth continued.

"I use my thumb and I never leave it alone." Dakota assured.

"Good, good. I just worry. And I'm even more panicky since that bastards been going around killing people at your college." Elizabeth sighed shakily.

Dakota frowned, "I know, mum. I am, too. It's like it's happening all over again."

"D'you want to come home? I can pick you up?" Elizabeth offered.

"I'll be okay. I wanna keep Sidney and Randy close. Also, Dewey's come to visit, and he'll do whatever to make other people safe. Even if he gets stabbed in the back." Dakota joked.

Elizabeth chuckled, eyes full of worried tears, "But last time... Last time you got shot and stabbed. What if that happens again, or worse?"

Dakota couldn't really say much to that. Her hand came up to trail across to scar on her stomach under her cropped t-shirt from being stabbed by Stu. While there was no real pain, sometimes it felt like there was a dull ache. She wondered if there always would be, her body's response to trauma perhaps. When she was least expecting it, her stomach would have a pang of pain and be gone, but leave her in a state of panicked breaths.

Her shoulder was the same. Dakota would often trace the scar etched into her skin and panic over the fact it could've been her head. Why should she panic? She lived to tell the tale. But as everything came back and a new killer, or potentially killers, were on the loose, she thought maybe she wouldn't have liked to have lived.

"I'll be fine, mum." Dakota whispered. "We're sticking close together."

"If you get hurt, you're coming home." Elizabeth stated in a. tone that left no room for argument.

"Course, yeah." Dakota nodded. "How're you?"

"Oh, I'm alright. Just worried. I went on a date the other night." Elizabeth admitted.

"Ooh!" Dakota joked.

"That's okay, isn't it? I should've asked." Elizabeth winced.

"That's fine. You deserve it, he left years ago." Dakota muttered. "And anyway- AHH!"

"Dakota! Dakota! What happened? OH GOD!"

Dakota huffed, picking up her phone while glaring at Dewey and Gale, "I'm fine, mum, no killer. Just Dewey attacking me! And the botox-bitch."

"Excuse me—"

"Why is Gale Weathers there?"

"Profiting off people's deaths. I'll call you in a minute, mum." Dakota bid and her mother muttered a goodbye. She snapped her phone shut and turned to Dewey, shoving his shoulder. "What was that for, dickhead?"

"S-sorry. Gale got a phone call from the killer. So we're finding everyone who's on the phone." Dewey breathed, having been running around obviously.

"Why would he be out in public doing it?" Dakota asked, pocketing her phone.

"He could see us." Gale answered.

"Help us." Dewey muttered and she was nodding and running with them to look.

The trio started to look over the campus, shoving phones from people's hands, apologising quickly when they weren't actually threatening to kill anyone. Gale spotted a man standing below a wall and pointed to him. She ran around while Dewey literally jumped on him, knocking the phone from his hands.

Dakot picked up the phone, only for it to be a woman on the other end. They all apologised in embarrassment and he glared at them, snatching his phone from Dakota's palm.

"Where's Randy?" Dewey asked while the man went back to talking to his mum.

"I don't see him." Gale mumbled.

"You left him alone? This isn't fucking Scooby-Doo! Don't split up!" Dakota exclaimed as they ran to find Randy. "Jesus fucking Christ! It is not that difficult to stay together! Randy!"

"What's goin' on?" Gale's cameraman asked, coming over to them with a box of donuts. They ignored him, seeing the window of the news van was shattered. "Yo, man. Who broke my window?"

Dewey yanked the sliding door open roughly and the scene caused Gale to scream. The cameraman dropped his donuts and Dakota's hand slapped to her mouth, her body beginning to shake. Randy lay across the floor of the van, covered in splatters of his own blood. His blue eyes were wide open, cold and dead but still full of the fear he died with.

"Randy..." Dakota muttered shakily, going to reach for his body.

"Don't!" Dewey interrupted, pulling her back quickly.

"Dewey... Let me check!" Dakota yelled, pulling in his grip. "I can stop the bleeding! Just needs pressure. We- we survived, he can!"

"He's dead, Dakota." Dewey whispered.

"Shut up. He just needs an ambulance!" Dakota cried, chest heaving with ragged breaths. "Dewey, let me... let me stop the bleeding! Please! Please..."

{846}

RANDY'S DEAD 😭😭