。20 。

{ warnings: it's basically just a heated make out session, but ik some people would rather not read that so yeah, little bit of top-half nudity but that's it }

THE NEXT morning, Dakota cracked open an eye, immediately closing it again as the bright sun invaded her sight. Sighing quietly, not wanting to get up, Dakota snuggled closer to Sidney, who had her back to her chest, still fast asleep. Their legs were tangled together, knees poking out from the thick quilt, Dakota's arm wrapped around Sidney's waist to pull her closer.

Sidney melted further into Dakota's warmth, waking up seemingly not an option at the moment. However, Dakota knew that she herself had an early-ish class and groaned quietly in annoyance. Placing a sleepy kiss on Sidney's shoulder, Dakota managed to force herself from her comfortable position in bed to stand up, stretching as she walked.

Sidney shivered at the sudden loss of warmth on her back and rolled over, hugging the quilt closer to her body. While Sidney continued to sleep peacefully, Dakota grabbed some clothes and her toiletry bag before going to get washed and dressed. On the way back, she bumped into Heather who was heading for the showers.

"Oh, I'm glad you're okay." Heather sighed in relief, hugging Dakota. "I mean, physically okay, you must be feeling awful mentally."

"I was a bit shaken last night, but I feel better now." Dakota smiled, pulling out of the hug. "Derek's the one that got stabbed."

"Yeah, that's true. Is he okay?" Heather inquired.

"He's fine. I think. I dunno, really. The whole thing was a bit odd." Dakota mumbled. "Anyway, I'll see you later. I'm gonna spend the last half I've got before class in peace."

"I'll see you there." Heather said, giving her a grin before happily walking off.

Dakota went back to her dorm, closing the door behind her once she'd gone inside. She chucked her 'pyjamas' onto the drawers lazily, brushing a hand through her hair with a breath of annoyance. College was beginning to bore her.

"What're you huffing at?" Sidney asked sleepily, eyes cracked open a smidge to look up at Dakota with a grin, hair a mess on her pillows.

"Boredom." Dakota answered with a dramatic sigh, sitting on the edge of her bed. "How'd you sleep?"

"Good. You're very warm." Sidney smiled, pushing herself up on her elbow.

"It's one of my best qualities. I'm a human hot-water-bottle." Dakota joked.

"How'd you sleep?" Sidney asked, reaching between them to play with Dakota's fingers.

"Fine. Good. Better than usual." Dakota admitted. "Didn't wanna get up."

Sidney chucked, "You never wanna get up!"

"Yeah, well, I especially didn't wanna get up, alright?" Dakota shot back with a smile, watching Sidney chuckle again.