。17 。

♡

LOOKING AT the crowd of people gathered outside of the college, Dakota sighed when she spotted Gale Weathers at the front, talking to a woman with short, brown hair. She continued to walk with the group, staring longingly at Sidney who was smiling at Derek. A loud ringing sounded when the Chief tapped the microphone on the stand, getting everyone's attention.

"My name is Chief Louis Hartley." He announced.

"Chief Hartley!" Gale beckoned, making sure the camera was on her. "Hi, Gale Weathers, author of The Woodsboro Murders. Do you think the killer will strike again?"

"We have no evidence this is a serial killer." Hartley answered vaguely. "I'd like to read from a prepared—"

"Can you tell us any," Gale paused, clicking for the cameras to focus on her again, "precautions that you're taking?"

"Well, first of all, we think it's just an isolated incident, and we will be carrying out..." his voice continued to drone on.

"Oh my God, this is huge." Randy muttered as he and Mickey came to a stop.

"Do you have an suspects?" They heard Gale ask.

"Sidney, look. It's Gale Weathers." Randy stated.

"What?" Sidney asked, looking towards the crowd and spotting the obnoxious woman.

"Star of the Gale Weathers press conference. Based on the book by Gale Weathers. Soon to be a major motion picture starting Gale Weathers." Randy mocked.

"Be kind. She saved our lives." Sidney reminded him.

"And then became famous for writing about our near death experience." Dakota murmured.

"She had calf implants." Randy mused.

"Chief Hartley, do you plan on giving the town a curfew?" Gale asked loudly. 

"I'm gonna get closer." Randy said and walked off.

"So that's her." Derek hummed in a really creepy, raspy way.

"Yeah." Sidney nodded.

Dakota spotted a group of girls walking over to them, looking as though they thought of themselves to be more important, which they did, "Hello, girls. Enjoying yourselves?"

"Oh, hello, Sister Lois." Hallie replied as the group turned to look at the girls. "Sister Murphy."

"Hello, pledge. Hello, Dakota. Hi, Sidney." Lois greeted.

"Hey." Sidney said awkwardly.

"This must be flat-out hell for you both." Lois said. "How are you holding up?"

"I manage." Sidney answered smoothly and Dakota hummed in agreement with her.

"It's really weird, isn't it? To think this fuss is all because you two! I mean, not directly, but in some six-degrees-of-Kevin-Bacon way." Lois smiled. "Yeah. Now, Hallie, are you gonna bring your friends to our little martini mixer tonight?"