。19 。

♡

DAKOTA AND Sidney sat in the hospital for Derek, slumped on the red waiting chairs in the reception. Sidney was leaning tiredly against Dakota, staying close to her for comfort, shaken from the previous events. Hallie and Mickey had also come to the hospital and Hallie was twisting her necklace nervously as she leant against the wall by reception.

"Thanks for your cooperation." an investigator said to Mickey as they walked from a room. "Hallie, I'll be with you in a few minutes, okay?"

"Uh, no problem." Hallie replied and he walked away, leaving her to sigh in nervousness.

"That's the easiest interrogation of my crime-filled life." Mickey hummed.

"I'm gonna go and get a quick cup of coffee. You want?" Hallie offered, pushing herself off the wall.

"No." Mickey shook his head.

Hallie walked over to Sidney and Dakota, "You want some, you two?"

The pair shook their heads and Hallie walked through the doors to get a coffee for herself. Mickey moved over to them, sitting beside Sidney, "How you two doin'? You alright?"

"Not at all." Sidney sighed.

"I've had more enjoyable days." Dakota mumbled.

"You know, I knew this was coming. I knew this wasn't over." Sidney muttered.

"You are not alone, Sid, Dakota. Okay? We are all here for you." Mickey assured. "Alright? Whatever you need."

"That poor girl." Sidney mused, having heard what happened to her.

"I know. It's crazy, but—"

"Derek coulda been killed, you know?" Sidney interrupted Mickey.

"But he wasn't." Mickey replied. "He's fine. He just needs to realise the '90s is no time to play hero. Why would anyone go back into that house anyway?"

Dakota saw Sidney's eyes move a little and she understood what she was thinking again. And she was right to be thinking that. Dakota's own mind began spinning as she watched Derek get patched up and talked to by the doctors and Dewey. Why would the killer slash his arm and bolt when they had the chance to kill him then and there?

The door was closed, no one saw what happened, he could've easily done it to himself. He could've made loud crashing noise and cut his arm, faking an injury caused by the killer. He could easily try and kill people with a second person and then pretend to be the hero so he'd come up smelling of roses. Would it happen twice? It could. Dakota took another glance into the room and saw that the doctors and police didn't look convinced by whatever Derek was telling them either.

Later, they went back to college after each of them was interrogated. Derek was trying to talk to Sidney but she was tired and considering that he was the killer. Suddenly feeling unsafe going back to her dorm, Sidney asked if she could stay with Dakota for the night. Of course she agreed, feeling a similar way.

Dakota pushed open the door of her dorm, finding a note lay on her pillow letting her know that Heather was staying in her boyfriend's room for the night. Sidney sat down on her comfy bed, crossing her legs as she watched Dakota moved to her set of drawers, pulling out a t-shirt and some shorts.

"Would you rather my bed or Heather's? I don't care, to be honest. Whatever you want." Dakota mumbled, handing Sidney the clothes for her to sleep in.

"Can we just stay in your bed? The both of us?" Sidney asked, fiddling with the fabric of Dakota's t-shirt. "I don't wanna sleep alone."

"Yeah, sure." Dakota nodded, grabbing another t-shirt and pair of shorts from her drawers.

The pair changed in silence. It wasn't the first time, they were friends and had been for some years now, but Dakota couldn't help feeling a little awkward now that she'd realised her feelings towards Sidney. Changed, Sidney pulled back the covers of Dakota's bed, climbing inside, followed by Dakota.

"Why's your bed so cold?" Sidney asked, shivering as she settled her head onto the pillow.

"Dunno, it just is. I prefer it to be cold when i get in, though. Then you feel the benefit of the warmth. Also, only mad people like a warm pillow." Dakota replied, giving Sidney a small smile which was returned with ease. "You feeling okay?"

"No." Sidney chuckled, tears welling up in her eyes. She sniffled, sighing shakily. "Why does it have to happen a second time?"

"Because people are dicks." Dakota answered, getting a watery chuckle from the woman beside her. Dakota placed her hands on Sidney's cheeks, wiping her tears away with the pads of her thumbs, "We'll be okay. We were last time."

"Unless we're not as lucky this time." Sidney whispered, eyes flickering between the other woman's.

"How optimistic." Dakota remarked sarcastically with a small smile. "We might be okay, apparently the killer can't see chairs, he just runs into them."

"What, so we carry an armchair at all times?" Sidney asked.

"Why not? And then whoever trips into it is the killer, boom." Dakota joked.

"Well, aren't you as good as Sherlock Holmes." Sidney hummed.

"I'm better than Sherlock, love. I don't have a shitty hat." Dakota mused, grinning at the sound of Sidney's laugh as she wiped away the last of her tears.

Sidney's laugh quieted down as she stared at the woman opposite her. Derek was the last thing on her mind at the moment as her eyes glanced towards Dakota's lips. Derek was dull and boring and potentially a killer. Dakota made her laugh when she felt as though she didn't want to laugh ever again. Dakota was patient with her and comforted her, despite thinking she was the worst comforter. She made her happy.

Sidney leant towards her, pressing their lips together softly. Dakota's eyes widened greatly before they fluttered closed and she kissed back, palms still settled on her cheeks gently. Neither of them wanted to break the kiss as Dakota's hands moved to hold Sidney's waist, pulling her closer.

They eventually had to break the kiss for breath. Sidney just shuffled down the bed a little and lay her head on Dakota's chest, closing her eyes in content. Dakota closed her eyes, too, wrapping an arm around Sidney as she felt herself grow tired.

{1051}