。10 。

♡

MUSIC BLASTED out of Sidney's bedroom window, Dakota, Tatum and Sidney sat on the fencing around the porch outside of her house. They were discussing what Gale had told her earlier in the day.

"What if Cotton Weary is telling the truth?" Tatum asked, Dakota between her and Sidney. "Maybe he was having an affair with your mum. I mean, your dad was always out of town on business. Maybe..."

"Maybe she was unhappy in the marriage, Sid." Dakota spoke up, glancing at her with sympathy that she wasn't sure Sidney wanted.

"If- If they were having an affair, then how come Cotton couldn't prove it in court?" Sidney asked.

"Well, you can't prove a rumour. That's why it's a rumour." Tatum replied, fiddling with her finger.

"Right. Created by that little tabloid twit, Gale Weathers." Sidney stated.

"I agree, she's a cunt, love. But it goes further back than that." Dakota added, sharing a glance with Tatum. "There's be talk about other men. Not just Cotton."

"And you both believe it." Sidney mumbled.

"Well, I mean, you can only hear that Richard Gere gerbil story so many times before you have to start believing it." Tatum mused and Sidney stood from her spot on the fence.

She walked to the other end of the porch, staring at the bushes and Dakota stood, following after her, "Hey, we're sorry."

"You know, if I was wrong about Cotton Weary, then... the killer's still out there." Sidney said.

"Don't go there, Sid." Tatum joined their side. "You're starting to sound like some Wes Carpenter flick or something. Don't freak yourself out, okay? We've got a long night ahead of us. Okay? Let's boogie."

The girls made their way inside Sidney's house, failing to notice the killer watching them from behind a tree, scurrying off away from the house.

After a while, they'd changed ready for Stu's party, Tatum in a colourful skirt and a yellow top with a brown jacket, Sidney in some jeans and a blue t-shirt with a denim jacket while Dakota was dressed in a black top with thin straps and black jeans, a jacket on her shoulders.

The three got out of Dewey's police car, the Deputy glancing around at the amity street, "Sure is quiet."

"God, look at this place." Sidney mumbled. "It's The Town That Dreaded Sundown."

"Yeah, I saw that movie. It's about a killer in Texas, huh?" Dewey mused and Sidney hummed in agreement.

"Hey, Sid, just think, if they make a movie about you, who's gonna play you?" Tatum asked.

"I shudder to think." Sidney muttered.

"I see you as a young Meg Ryan, myself." Dewey spoke up.

"Thanks, Dewey, but with my luck, they'd cast Tori Spelling." Sidney replied and Dakota chuckled, the three girls turning to go into the shop.

"I'm just gonna be a few minutes." Dewey called after them. "You girls don't go to far."

"Is Billy gonna be there tonight?" Sidney asked.

"He'd better not be." Tatum scoffed. "I told Stu to keep his mouth shut. I think we can live without the endorphin rush for once night."

"Yeah, but you told Stu to to not tell him. He's gonna mention it. That man is his personal jester." Dakota stated.

"Well, worst thing that happens is he shows up and I punch him in the face." Tatum said.

"Worst thing? That'd be the best thing." Dakota mused as they started to fill up a shopping trolley they'd grabbed with crisps and beer.

"Billy's right, you know. Whenever she touches me, I just can't relax." Sidney spoke up, pushing the trolley.

"So you have a few intimacy issues as a result of your mother's untimely death. It's not big deal. You'll thaw out." Tatum smiled.

"Yeah, but he has been so patient with me, with all the sex stuff." Sidney said, passing Dakota some ice lollies which she placed in the trolley. "How many guys would put up with a girlfriend who's sexually anorexic?"

"A good one." Dakota retorted.

"Billy and his penis don't deserve you, alright?" Tatum stated.

"I told you, don't wet his dick 'cause he's tryna guilt you into it." Dakota nudged Sidney gently. "Take your time. It's your body, you can say no if you don't wanna have sex yet."

"I know." Sidney nodded.

"Do you? 'Cause somethin's telling me, a little voice that sounds a lot like me, 'cause I'm so smart, that you don't really know." Dakota hummed.

"I'll do it when I'm ready." Sidney stated firmly.

"Good. And if he pushes you to, chop his dick off. Then, he can't push you anymore." Dakota grinned and Sidney chuckled, shaking her head.

{780}