。21 。

♡

"THAT JUST doesn't make any sense, Dakota!" Heated exclaimed, she and Dakota walking from double English to lunch.

"How doesn't it?" Dakota scoffed.

"You hate English and now you wanna be a writer?" Heather asked, raising an eyebrow. Dakota shrugged, grabbing a tray of food from the canteen, picking up a can of Pepsi. "Again, that doesn't make any sense!"

"But they teach shit stuff in English. I don't wanna write poetry or anything like that, I wouldn't know where to start with that. On the other hand, stories, I can write those, okay?" Dakota mused and Heather still didn't seem convinced. "It's only a thought. I'd rather do that than be stuck in an office somewhere."

"You're more likely to get paid more 'cause it's not a guarantee that your book will take off." Heather stated honestly.

Dakota gasped in mock offence, "Ruin all my dreams why don't you."

Heather chuckled as they walked over to a table, sitting down with Hallie who was more than likely waiting for Sidney. Derek strode over to the table, plopping down beside Hallie. As Dakota looked up from her sandwich, she stopped chewing and gave Derek an inquisitive look when he glared at her.

"Is your face permanently stuck like that?" Dakota shot at him and he rolled his eyes and looked down to his plate.

"What's up his ass?" Heather whispered.

"Dunno. He's not good at hiding his hate for me, though." Dakota mumbled back, silently wondering whether Sidney broke up with him and mentioned her, or whether it was just the fact Sidney decided she was more comfortable going back last night with her rather than with him.

Mickey suddenly appeared, joining the table with a camera, an apple and a carton of milk, "Derek, you think Sid will let me interview her for my documentary?"

"Oh, yeah. You know, she turned down Primetime Live, 20/20 and Dateline, but for you, yeah." Hallie remarked sarcastically.

"Drop it. I've been thinking about this whole murder thing. Have they checked out Randy?" Mickey asked.

"What?" Derek asked, voice reading in pitch because of the ridiculousness of the question.

"Don't be stupid." Dakota scoffed.

"I know he's an innocent victim, first time 'round, but he's a little off." Mickey continued. "You know what I'm saying?"

"Come on, Randy? The guy's harmless." Hallie retorted.

"That's what they said about Dahmer." Mickey added.

"While I think Randy should be arrested because of his cockney accent, I don't think they're comparable." Dakota hummed.

"Guys, keep it down." Derek said when Sidney approached the table, carrying her own tray.

"Alright, love?" Dakota asked as Sidney sat down beside her.