The Beginning - Ch.1

Dear Ms. Hermione Granger,

Please be reminded that you must board the Hogwarts Express as usual from King's Cross Platform 9 3/4 for prompt departure on September the first at 11:00.

We look forward to receiving you at Hogwarts next term.

Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus

Professor McGonagall

HOGWARTS SCHOOL of WITCHCRAFT & WIZARDRY

Hermione Granger smiled gently at the letter in front of her. She laid it out on the table and turned to her next letter, also from Hogwarts.

Dear Ms. Hermione Granger,

We are pleased to tell you that you have been selected as Head Girl for this term. As you will find below, you have been given a badge to wear while at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

You will meet with the Head Boy in the Head Compartment (at the front of the train) after you board the Hogwarts Express as usual from King's Cross Platform 9 3/4 for prompt departure on September the first at 11:00.

You will be in the head compartment by 11:10 to start the meeting with the prefects. You will have another meeting at 7:50, 10 minutes before the train arrives at Hogwarts. After the feast, you and the Head Boy will be taken to your shared living space on the 5th floor.

We look forward to receiving you at Hogwarts next term.

Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus

Professor McGonagall

HOGWARTS SCHOOL of WITCHCRAFT & WIZARDRY

"It was obviously going to be you"

Hermione turned her head and saw Harry Potter reading the letter over her shoulder. She rolled her eyes and Harry grinned, handing her a cup of tea. "Congratulations 'Mione, well deserved"He told, raising his cup to her as he walked towards the other end of the table.

He sat across from her, and a few seconds later, Ginny and Ron Weasley walked in. "Up early, I see?"Ginny said, a small smile on her face as she saw the Hogwarts letters on the table. She reached to grab hers and let out a loud gasp.

"YOU GOT HEAD GIRL!"

Hermione felt her ears ringing, barely recovering before Ginny pulled her into a great Molly-Weasley bone crushing hug. "Merlin, wait till Mum hears!" Ginny said, pulling back and glancing at Hermione's badge.

"Let's see if one of us got Head Boy"Ron told to Harry after he congratulated Hermione. Each person got 2 letters. One, their regular Hogwarts letter, and two, to announce if they're still a prefect or if they've been upgraded to Head Boy.

"Tough Luck, these professors never liked me" Harry sighed dramatically.

A small loaf of bread barely missed Harry, and he grinned. "Never liked you!"Ron scoffed as Ginny picked up another loaf.

"Ah, they never really did, did they? Almost got more detentions than us, didn't you Potter?"

They turned their heads and saw Fred and George Weasley leaning against the door way. "See, they get it"Harry rolled his eyes. "Come on then, Ronnie, let's see if you've made it"George told.