Marriage Law - Ch. 5

"I apologize Filius, but I need to take Mr. Malfoy and Ms. Granger"

Their heads all turned towards the door. McGonagall stood there, her wand in her hand and her face fuming with anger. Hermione glanced over at Parvati beside her, and Parvati looked away from McGonagall, towards Flitwick.

Hermione looked over as well, and Flitwick had his eyebrows furrowed. "Very... very well. Ms. Granger, Mr. Malfoy, please read chapters 4 and 5 before class tomorrow"Flitwick told.

"What'd you do?" Parvati muttered as Hermione put her things away.

Hermione didn't answer as she stood. There was something wrong, she could tell by the look on McGonagall's face.

"We don't have all day"She snapped, seeing as Draco was slowly putting his books away.

Draco rolled his eyes, grabbing his bag as he stood. He slumped it over his shoulder, and Hermione passed him at the doorway. Once they were outside, McGonagall closed the door and turned to them.

More specifically, Hermione. "You've spoken to Kingsley Shacklebolt, haven't you?" McGonagall asked.

Hermione was taken aback but answered instantly, "Yes, I've gone on a few missions with him"She told.

"But will he listen to you if you try to change his mind?"McGonagall questioned.

Hermione couldn't help but steal a glance over at Draco and found him staring at her. "Professor..., what's happening?" She asked, her eyes going back to her teacher.

McGonagall looked at the door of their charms classroom. "There's no use"She muttered, and Hermione was sure she wasn't speaking to them.

"We'll talk in my office. The Wizengamot has announced a new law and it effects you. All of you"She told.

She strode off before they could speak and they followed behind her. It had been about a week since they had returned to Hogwarts... what could the Wizengamot do?

Their walk to McGonagall's office was silent, all of them wondering what to do next. The two heads knew it had to be something important, so important that they had been pulled from class.

Many corridors later, they were standing in front of a griffin door, the one that led to the head mistress' office. McGonagall walked in first, then Draco and Hermione entering last.

She had them sit down before she spoke. "I received a letter last Saturday about a new law that will be effecting students- from the ages of 16 to 30. As you know, that is about 3 years of the students in the school. The youngest years are 6th years and the oldest are your years, the 8th"She began.

She placed a letter in front of them and Hermione was about to reach for it before Draco grabbed it quickly. She threw a glare at him but he didn't even glance at her. She knew he was aware of her glare because there was a smirk playing on his lips.

She tugged the letter closer to her, taking his wrist into her hand and forcing him to keep it between them so they could read it. She skipped the introductions, wanting to know what the law was about.

Minerva, the Wizengamot have decided to create a law. Our population rates have dropped to the ground because of this war. We didn't notice them as we were preoccupied with fixing the damages of the war. They've already passed a repopulation law, they're calling it 'Promised Love'. They're going to have everyone from the ages of 16-30 wed.

They've added ridiculous rules with this, and they want these couples to get married and have children as soon as possible. They made the minimum 2 children per couple.