Classes - Ch.12

"You were a light sleeper last week- what the hell happened?"

Hermione grabbed the pillow beside her and chucked it at him, burying herself under her covers. "Leave" She mumbled, pulling Crookshanks closer to her.

She heard a groan and then a squeak of a bed before her covers and pillows all disappeared. She yelped, the warmth replaced with morning wind. She curled herself into a ball and sat up, glaring at Draco.

"What is your problem?"She demanded.

He was lying on his bed, his wand in one hand and an apple in the other. He had an amused smirk on his face, his eyes a bit too high to be looking at her face-

Hermione quickly wrapped her hand around her hair and tried to get it to flatten down. "What do you want?"She questioned.

"McGonagall sent a letter this morning and they've decided to add a 'Marriage Class', and as you are my...," He grimaced as he said it, "partner"

She rolled her eyes, "Ever the dramatic, Malfoy"

"I can't attend the class without you. So you have an hour to get ready and do whatever you want, and then we need to be in class at 9:30"

"I'm not going to some Marriage class with you"

"Get your wand snapped then. All the better for me" He smirked.

"It's mandatory?"

"It's mandatory"

She groaned, letting her head fall back against the headboard. "What're they even going to teach us?" She asked, more to herself rather than to him.

There was silence. She glanced at him, and he was staring at her, his amused grin now a suggestive smirk, with a lift of an eyebrow. She blushed red as she understood what he was thinking.

"No- No. Shut up. No"

"Didn't say anything"He told, sitting up and getting off the bed. "Your imagination has a mind of its own and I have nothing to do with it"

She glared at him as he walked across the room. Thankfully, this morning he had a shirt on. He seemed to avoid putting one on ever since they'd gotten the letter for the deadlines. Ever since he'd seen how flustered she'd get over it.

It amused him to a whole other level. Even at night, an hour before he would sleep, he would sit on the sofa in the corner of the room, reading, and completely shirtless. Just to watch her avoid looking his direction as her face turned pink.

"You can stop staring, Granger" She had zoned out.

"Sod off" She scoffed, ignoring the taunting smirk on his face. "And give me back my things"

"What things?"

"My pillows. My covers. I'm not allowing you to let me freeze"

"You'll get them back by the end of the day, I can't risk you going to sleep and making me late to class"

She was about to respond when she froze. Class. They would have to attend together. In front of everyone. If only McGonagall had announced them by their names... it wouldn't have been hard for them to release it to the school.

"We can't go"

He raised an eyebrow at her, leaning back against the wall. "Excuse me?"

"We can't go"

"It's class, Granger, we don't decide"

"Everyone will see us"She snapped. "I haven't told anyone who I got and the whole school suspects your father got you out of the law. We can't just go in together"