Week one - Ch.31

It had been a bit over a week since the two dinners with Narcissa. Hermione had returned to the burrow after an extra promised day with Draco but she hadn't seen him since. They had planned to meet at the apartment every 4 days but he had already cancelled twice.

"Do you think he hates me? For having to choose me over his mother?"Hermione asked.

"Shut up. He didn't have to do anything. He chose you, and that was his decision. Don't go blaming yourself. If he hates you, that's on him" Ginny told.

Hermione covered her face with her hands. "Maybe she's still sending him photos of possible wives? What if he's chosen one?"

"Owl him!"

"No"Hermione said instantly. "I will not go chasing after him after he's cancelled on me twice"

Ginny sighed. "You're both too stubborn for your own good"She told. She was about to go on when a knock on the door distracted them.

"Who is it?" Hermione called.

"Lavender" Ginny resisted a groan, burying her face in her pillow. Hermione grinned, "Come in"

Lavender opened the door to peak in before glancing behind her. She stepped into the room and closed the door behind her. "I thought I couldn't get away"She told dramatically as she slumped against the wall. "He won't stop complaining about Zabini and Malfoy and Parkinson"

"What's he complaining about?"Hermione scoffed, "We haven't seen them in a week, what excuse does he have?"

"He got an invitation to the Malfoy Ball. He's furious that they'd think he would attend" Lavender rolled her eyes.

"They've only invited us because we're considered 'celebrities' and 'war heroes'" Ginny scoffed. "They don't care if we attend"

"They've sent one to my parents, I got mine last night. Everyone in your family got an invitation and they think it's a trick" Lavender said. She turned to Hermione, "Are you going to tell them about Malfoy?"

"I'll have to. I don't like hiding it from them... but I don't know how they'll feel about it" Hermione tilted her head back against the wall.

"They'll just threaten him up a bit and you're good to go"Ginny grinned. "Especially after Fred and George saw that mark"

Hermione's face flushed instantly, Lavender tilting her head curiously. "What mark?"

"Nothing"

"A love bite!"

"Ginny, shut up"

Lavender grinned, urging Ginny to continue. "We were in the kitchen, Hermione was telling me about her lovely stay at their apartment and then Fred and George walk in. She had her hair over her shoulder and Fred saw it just below her jaw and questioned her"Ginny cackled as Hermione hid her face.

She remembered it clearly. "Is that a love bite, Granger? I thought you were going to dinner with his mother?" Fred had his hands on his hips. And then they cornered her, questioning where she actually had been for those 3 nights.

Lavender laughed, sitting down on the floor. "How have I not heard about this?"

"I made them swear to it" Hermione huffed. "Last thing I need is Harry barging in here and asking if Malfoy had plotted to send a picture of it to the Weasleys" She avoided mentioning Ron alone.

"Harry's just worried and you know it"Ginny said. "You don't tell Harry everything you tell us-"

"You want me to go tell Harry that I almost shagged Malfoy right after our first kiss?"