Dinner (Part 1) - Ch.29

By the time he had woken up, she was already gone. He sat on the balcony for an hour, feeling empty that he hadn't got to say good bye. The next day, he had only gotten three hours of sleep. Her absence felt like a loss.

He didn't bother leaving his room to see the others. They had invited him out to Hogsmead but he had declined. Or had not answered the door.

He ate his breakfast in their room and was about to have his lunch brought when they disturbed him again.

"I know you're depressed about Granger leaving but you have to get over it, mate! You're seeing her at dinner anyway!"

Fuck you Theo.

When he didn't quit after 10 minutes, Draco finally got out of bed, threw a shirt on and stormed over to the door. Theo had already began making his way down the stairs. "We had the elves prepare something different, we're waiting on you"

Draco glared at him, finally giving in and going down to the common room. Astoria and Ernie were sitting on the arm chairs. Daphne and Theo were sharing one couch and Pansy and Blaise were sharing the other.

Draco dropped onto the couch, lying down with his head up against the armrest. He held out a hand and one of the white boxes on the table flew into his hand. He opened it enough to peak in and he felt his mood lighten. Sushi.

He ate silently but the others talked, mentioning their trip to Hogsmead and what they'd seen. He listened in but focused his gaze on his food.

"Do you know how many people are doing open marriages? Cormac McLaggen is one of them! He got engaged and married within the first two weeks and now he's doing what he wants. He even got a confirmation from the Ministry that he was allowed as long as he didn't get anyone other than his wife pregnant" Astoria told.

More boring nonsense.

"Honeydukes is being expanded"

A rubbish lie they'd been telling for three years.

"A Weasleys joke shop is opening in Hogsmead soon. They've already begun to build it"

Like 2 weasels at Hogwarts wasn't enough.

He didn't know how he managed to pass time. He finished his food, said a sentence or two and snuck out without them noticing. He went on a walk around the grounds, using anything to distract his mind.

The snow had doubled since last night, he didn't have a chance to walk the grounds. He turned back around, deciding he would leave Hogwarts another way.

He didn't even spend 20 minutes with McGonagall before she agreed to add their fireplace in their tower to the floo network. She let him use the one in her office so he could floo to his apartment.

And he waited out the hours, fixing every small little detail in the apartment that caught his eye. They had installed shelves in the living room, ones that sat below the windows. Hermione had already filled half of them with the books she had at her parents. He still hadn't packed his things, their home was only filled with her things for now.

He'd do it tomorrow, he decided, after the dinner with his friends. Hermione would return to the burrow and his friends would return to Hogwarts. He'd have the apartment to himself and he'd transport everything from his room to his new home.

He didn't plan on telling his mother where he would be staying, she was still very against the idea of Hermione entering their family. She had sent him multiple letters, offering him woman after woman, all from countries where the marriage law hadn't been enforced.

She'd sent him their family photos and it didn't take long for him to recognize them as very old family friends. She had sent him photos of the Rosier Family and the Davis Family, suggesting Tracey's sister.