Work - Ch.20

"It. Wasn't. Me"

"Oh sure, who else has access to my backpack?"

"You should know"

"Malfoy."

"Granger."

She threw a pillow at him, but he dodged it as he ducked behind the couch. "Where is my essay?"

"In the sky, attached to a dragon- Why won't you believe me?"

"You stole my potions work last week-!"

"I returned it!"

"3 hours before the due date!"

"I still returned it!"

She pulled her wand out and pointed it at him. "If you don't give me my essay, I will hex your-"

"OI! NOTT, THERE'S A SHOW!"

Hermione spun on her heel, glaring at Ginny. "There is no bloody show!"

"HURRY!"

The 'Notts' door burst open and Theo stumbled out, fixing his shoe. He grinned, seeing Draco use the couch as a barrier and Hermione's wand trained on Ginny.

"Well, Well, Well, look it here"

"Nott-"

"Don't point that thing at me! I've just finished my hair!"

Hermione groaned, "You sound exactly like Malfoy!"

"Oh?"

"No!"

Theo leaned against the doorway of his room, smirking. Hermione rounded back to Draco, "Where. Is. It?"

"Is she alright?"

Ginny looked up towards the door of her room, grinning at Harry from her spot on the stairs. "Malfoy's stolen her essay"

"I didn't!"

"Who else could have entered our room and taken it!?"

"Your transfiguration essay?" Harry asked.

"Yes!"

"..."

"Harry?" Ginny was a second away from laughing as Harry scratched the back of his neck.

"I might've taken it..."

Hermione turned her head to look over her shoulder, "What?"

"I asked you! But you were reading-!"

"Then I wasn't paying attention!"

"Look- okay, just put your wand away and I'll get it!"

"Harry James Potter-!"

"I'M GETTING IT!"

He rushed into his room and they heard a few things fall as he ran back out. He seemed to hesitate, not knowing if it was wise getting close to Hermione after he'd taken her work. He stepped towards Ginny, passing it to her before going back to the safety of his room.

Draco scoffed as Hermione was given back her essay, crossing his arms and glaring at Hermione. "You wrongly accused me of theft"

"For good reason"

"It was one time-"

"I don't care-"

"You owe me an apology"

Hermione stared at him. "No"

"You can't deny an apology-"

"I can and I will"