Us - Ch.40

10 Years Later

Hermione and Draco, at the ages of 28, had become parents to 4.

Scorpius Malfoy, their oldest son, 10, was preparing to start his first year at Hogwarts. Their second was a daughter, Lyra Malfoy who had turned 9 only a month ago. Then came their second son, Leo Malfoy, age 5. Their next followed four years later, a girl they named Andromeda Malfoy, now 1 year and 2 months old.

During their last pregnancy, Andromeda Black-Tonks, joined her husband and daughter after 11 long years without them. She had passed away in her sleep, only 3 months before their daughter was born.

It had seemed right, the two of them didn't regret it.

Hermione sat outside on the porch, holding baby Andy in her arms as she watched her husband play with their children in their open field.

They had moved away from their apartment 2 years ago after they found out they would be having a fourth, but they still went out to it during holidays. It was closer to their friends.

The only neighbours they had were the Rosiers (Clark Rosier and Sofia Burkes), the Notts, and the Longbottoms.

Clark and Sofia had 3 sets of twins, 5 out of 6 happened to be girls. The oldest was their only son, Jordan Rosier, 2 months younger than Scorpius. Then his twin, Jenny Rosier. The next set of twins came 3 years after, Sarah and Sabrina, 7 years old.

Natalie and Natasha were born 3 years later, and would be turning 4 next month. Though Hermione and Sofia hadn't gotten off to a good start, they had made up. Along with most of the others.

Theo and Daphne, they had settled to two kids, both sons. Gabriel Nott, 10 years old, and then his brother Aiden Nott, 9 years old. They had only moved to a bigger place because their two sons had been like their father. Strangely energetic and the apartment suffered to their constant need for attention. After many broken windows, they moved.

Pansy and Neville were the most relaxed out of all of them. Due to a complication in Pansy's first pregnancy, she had only managed to have one kid. That was, at least, the story she had told the ministry after she had her tubes tied.

Her and Neville both only wanted one child, and their daughter, Augusta Longbottom (10) the second, was spoiled rotten so she had no problem being an only child. With many family friends being her age, she didn't have time to be lonely.

The others, they had either decided to stay in the city or had left for work. Harry and Ginny stayed at Grimmald Place with their 3 kids. James Sirius Potter was 10 and an exact replica of his grandfather and grand-godfather, from his personality to his walk.

Albus Rubius Potter was 9, and the opposite of his older brother. He was more like Hermione for Harry's liking. 'Too much books', Harry had complained. Their last was Lily Luna Potter, 5 years old and a copy of her mother. Fierce and frightening, even at her young age.

Hermione attention was drawn away as she smiled down at Andy, who giggled, clapping her hands as she watched Draco pick Leo to tickle him. Hermione looked up at the same moment Draco looked towards her. He smirked, the only thing that had stayed since his first year.

He walked over to them, Leo on his shoulder, laughing. He set his son beside him on the porch as he crouched down in front of Hermione. Andy held her arms out to him and Draco gladly took her into his arms.