Morning - Ch.8

The bed squeaked as someone moved and Hermione's eyes snapped open immediately. She didn't move but her hand was wrapped tightly around the wand under her pillow. It squeaked again, someone stood.

She whipped around, her wand held out in front of her and the top of her wand was flashing out a bright light.

"Granger- damn it, you're blinding me"

Draco Malfoy. How could she have forgotten? She scoffed and dimmed the light but didn't lower it. "Must you be so loud?" She snapped.

"Loud? Loud? I'm not doing anything!" He hissed

She glared at him from across the room. Their- Their room that they were forced to share. She had admired it at first, it was nicely decorated, walls green and furniture and other accessories in gold. It was perfect except for one thing: One Bed.

She had sliced it down the middle the second she saw it. It was too big to be duplicated but she didn't mind, half a bed was fine, as long as she didn't have to share it with him.

She shut the light of her wand and turned her back to him as she heard him walk to the door. Another unlucky thing: there wasn't a private bathroom. She was missing her head dorm already.

The door opened and shut, she waited a few seconds before she sat up again. She flicked her wand and the candles in the room lit up. She pulled her knees up to her chest, wrapping her arms around them before she looked around the room.

The floor was made of stones, like the common room. The wall was too dangerously similar to Slytherin green for her liking. She supposed the gold was to show some Gryffindor colours but she would've preferred her- their room to be red.

Their. Their. Their.

Nothing hers anymore.

She closed her eyes and shook the thoughts from her head, her hatred for the Wizengamot growing rapidly. She glanced over at the other things in the room.

Glass bedside tables, gold metal framing. Glass desks, gold metal framing. Gold window frames, covered in dark green drapes. Gold coffee table- yes they were given a coffee table, along with a black leather loveseat. Their dressers and the vanity were gold too.

Their bedcovers and pillow cases were also black, silk. Their bed (gold framing of course) was originally a four-poster canopy queen sized bed. Though she had cut it in half, it was still a decent size, at least to Hermione. She had taken the bed to the right, leaving him to take the other half on the left.

This was too different for her. The new room was beautiful, but she was uncomfortable. It had taken her awhile to get used to her room and now changing it again wasn't helpful. It made it worse that she was sharing it with Draco bloody Malfoy.

"I'd like to see you try"

"You think I'm bluffing?"

"No, I think you're blushing"

"Roll your eyes one more time and I will stab them out-"

"Oh look, Weasley is blushing"

"I'M GOING TO HEX YOU!"

"RON!"

Hermione didn't even remember getting out of bed, next second she had thrown the door open and barely blocked the bright red light hurling towards her.