(2-5) Back to Basics

Nagisa strolled into his house in a very good mood. Apart from the fact he had learnt that Ren had died, he had discovered that he was the target of a gang. A gang which kidnapped his student, killed another, forcefully enlisted a third and almost kidnapped a fourth. He was happy because he knew what to do. He knew how he could protect his students the best.

As he entered the house, he heard voices coming from the lounge. Karma and Hayami were talking. Nagisa was kind of shocked at their apparent friendship. The two didn't talk much at junior high. In fact, she got annoyed at him often as he would tease her about Chiba, who she may or may not have liked at the time. Now, however, they seemed to get on like old friends.

"How come you two are best friends all of a sudden?" The bluenette asked, dumping his bags on the floor in the lounge, making his presence known. Karma stood up and moved to embrace his smaller boyfriend, pecking him on the cheek as he did.

"We were just reminiscing about the old times. And, Karma was telling me about what you two have been up to since you left Kunukigaoka." Hayami replied, glancing away from the embrace happening in front of her. She hadn't changed that much. She was still embarrassed when it came to emotions.

Nagisa's face fell at that statement.

"How much did you tell her?"

"Don't worry, I left out the kinky stuff."

"Karma!"

"What. I know you like me talking like this."

Nagisa moved his head closer to Karma's ear. "In private, yes. In front of a guest, no."

This made Karma smile as he tickled the back of Nagisa's neck. The bluenette sighed as he broke the embrace and took a seat next to Hayami.

"You can look back now Hayami." Karma teased, causing a small huff to be produced by the girl.

"Anyway Karma, you know that kid that went missing a few weeks ago?" Nagisa began. This immediately sparked Hayami's interest who sat up straight.

"Yes, why? Do you know where he is?" The redhead replied.

"Yeah. He's dead." The bluenette said with a frown. As he remembered about this, he felt a feeling he had not felt for a while. Failure. If I let one of my students die, what kind of a teacher would I be? Were the words that raced through his head over and over again in that moment. Karma noticed this immediately.

"It's not your fault he died. How did he die anyway?"

"He pissed off that gang you kidnapped my other student. They killed him."

"See, not your fault."

"Yeah, I suppose. Anyway, that same gang is trying to kill me and has forcefully enlisted one of my students to do so."

At this point, Hayami stood up and turned to face the pair still sat in the sofa.

"Woah, slow down. What happened with this gang kidnapping your student?"

"They abducted one of my students. Me and Karma went to save them. Turned out half the class did too. I then had to explain who Karma was and how I could fight that well." Nagisa replied.

"You should have seen him. He was a real Korosensei." Karma smirked.

"We both know I am nowhere near as good as him."

"It's close though."

"Anyway," Hayami interrupted, "I say we say hello to this gang once more. I would quite like to meet them. Shame Chiba isn't here."

"Ok, nice." Nagisa smiled, "we'll head down to their warehouse later tonight. This is going to be fun."

-------------------------TIME SKIP------------------------