(4-10) The Final Showdown

Nagisa's students met in the park at just after 6 PM. Harumi had gotten there a little earlier, but no one was late which was the good thing.

"Ok guys, follow me." Harumi said cheerfully as she began striding off in the direction of Nagisa's house.

"She seems happy." Juro mentioned to Hideo.

"Yeah. I'm starting to like this class for all of its quirks." The taller man replied.

"Wow, your really turning a new page Hideo. Who would have thought it." Natsumi teased.

"You can shut up." He said back. This caused both Natsumi and Juro to laugh.

"But yeah. It's true. As much as I don't want to admit it, Nagisa Sensei seems to have transformed this class from a group of layabouts to a group of people who are actually willing to work." Hideo said, his tone getting more and more philosophical as he spoke.

"You're cringe." Natsumi replied.

"Shut up."

After a short while, they made it to Nagisa's house. It seemed empty. Karma's car that usually lay outside the front door was not there. No light came through the windows.

"Wow. It's a very large house." Kazuhiko noted.

"Yeah. What I would give to live there." Hirose said.

"Wait a minute. Saiki's your brother Hirose. Do you know where he is?" Kazuhiko asked.

"Nah. He didn't come home last night. Said he was staying with a friend to mom." Hirose replied.

"Well, I'm worried about him." Chie said quietly. Hirose gave her an evil look.

"What was that for?" Chie complained.

"What?" Hirose said, acting oblivious.

"Never mind. Let's ring the doorbell."

Harumi stride up to the door and pushed the doorbell.

Nagisa Hayami and Michio arrived at the address Takaoka had sent shortly before seven. They had took a train as the other team had taken Karma's car. As they rounded the corner and the building came into view, Nagisa stopped still in his tracks.

"You alright Sensei?" Michio asked. Hayami also gave him a worried glance.

"Yeah. I'm fine." Nagisa replied. Hayami knew something wasn't right, and she had a suspicion of what it might be.

They walked the rest of the way to the building, which was a tall appartement block. Once inside, they took the stairs all the way to the tip floor. Each level they climbed, Nagisa became more and more agitated about something.

"Nagisa, are you sure you're ok?" Hayami asked as they reached the correct floor.

"Yeah, I'm just nervous about tonight. What happens if I mess up?"

"You won't Sensei. You never do." Michio thrived to comfort him.

"No. I don't distrust my own skill. The place it's happening. Is my old appartement."

Hayami gasped.

"So?" Michio asked.

"Shut up boy." Hayami said out of the corner of her mouth.

"No, I think he should know." Nagisa sighed. "Just don't tell anyone. When I was a child, I. I was abused by my mother. In this appartement. Takaoka knows what he is doing killing what he thinks is my best friend inside the place of my torment. However, unbeknownst to him, that best friend is my boyfriend. If we fail, I don't know what I'll do."