(3-7) A Pesky Journalist

Chiba looked glum as he made his way to his and Hayami's appartement. The day had bore no contracts for his company, just like the past month. He had just got a new investor as well. He had returned from the trip earlier that day and had to drop things off at his office before returning home.

Chiba sighed. He began brainstorming ideas as to how to increase his publicity. He needed some kind of advertising. Maybe he could ask Yada as she worked in that sector. No, she was out of the country. Maybe when she gets back?

Out of nowhere, a thought pushed it's way into the forefront of his mind, causing a smile to spread across his face. The thought was of Hayami, and the fact it was the weekend. That meant no work and two whole days alone with his wonderful girlfriend. He hadn't seen her in about a week now. He was looking forward to seeing her once again.

Still smiling over ten minutes later, Chiba reached the floor his appartement was on and unlocked the door.

"Rinka, I'm home." He shouted.

Suddenly, he felt something heavy drop into his shoulders, pushing him down to the floor. He cried out in both surprise and pain, causing the thing that had fallen on top of him to snigger.

The thing was on his back. He reached back and grabbed a person's shoulders, pulling them forwards, over his head. The person fell forwards and lay Infront of him, slightly shocked. Chiba rose and made his way over to the figure on the floor. He crouched down  next to it to discover it's identity. It was Hayami.

Hayami rolled over so that she could see Chiba and lunged up from the ground up to him, engaging him in a kiss. Chiba was for ed backwards against the wall as Hayami pushed, delivering the good old kiss of death. Once she had finished and Chiba was adequately immobilised, she removed her lips from his, leaving him panting and collapsing to the floor.

"You- he- you got me there Rinka." He panted. Rinka smiled.

Once Chiba had recovered, he pulled Rinka into an embrace. They hugged for a long time, not speaking, not making any sound. They just enjoyed holding each other.

"Welcome home Ryu." Rinka whispered into his ear.

"Sorry for the hold up, did you miss me?" Ryu whispered back.

"Nah, I got to see Nagisa and Karma."

"Lucky. Are they still going strong?"

"Just as strong as we are."

"So that means very? Right?"

"Hmmm."

"Right?" Chiba was becoming worried. They were still hugging. Surely she can't be breaking up with him right?

Hayami broke out into a fit of laughter.

"Of course they are going strong, just as we are. You're so cute when you worry." Hayami said with a grin on her face.

"Shut up!" Chiba said.

"Aww, you embarrassed?"

"You're impossible."

"Hehe."

They broke the embrace and stood there, staring at each other for a solid half a minute. Eventually, Chiba said "I need to go have a shower."

"Mind if I join you?" Hayami responded, causing Chiba to blush.

"You are so up front Hayami. But yes, you can."

And this is where we politely skip ahead in time and leave these two love birds to it.

The next day, Hayami was out at the convenience store picking up some shopping while Chiba was making breakfast for them both back at home.