(5-3) It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Summer

Karma stayed at Nagisa's school all day, much to the delight of the students. They liked Karma. He was funny but kind. But, best of all, he embarrassed their teacher a lot. That was his greatest property in their eyes.

In Nagisa's eyes, he wasn't quite sure. Was it his dashing looks? The way he could lift his mood at any situation? The fact he has stood by Nagisa the longest, even went to space with him, despite the fact he was against their goal? No. It was all of the above. Nagisa smirked as he watched Karma joking with his students during lunchtime, no doubt sharing embarrassing stories about them. I've got myself a pretty good man. Nagisa thought. I should invite him here more often.

"Nagisa Sensei, is it true your first kiss was your teacher?" Natsumi shouted at him from the gaggle of students surrounding Karma. Maybe he wasn't the best to keep around, Nagisa decided.

"Karma, what have you been telling them?" Nagisa sighed as he walked over.

"Just little tales from the past." The redhead smirked.

"Well stop with the embarrassing ones."

"Why should I?" Karma pouted.

"Because it's my birthday."

"Fair point."

Karma continued to tell stories, just not about the embarrassing events that happened in Nagisa's past.

Eventually, it was home time and the students said good bye to their teacher one last time before summer. Nagisa and Karma stood in the school yard side by side, watching them leave. The bluenette placed an arm around Karma's waist and rested his head on the redhead's shoulder.

"It's summer." Nagisa sighed. "The feeling is bitter sweet. On the one hand, I get to relax and not think about work. On the other, I kinda like those kids."

"Well, at least you're not me. I still have to work over the summer break." Karma complained.

"I thought you enjoyed your job."

"Not as much as my cuddly little blueberry."

Nagisa blushed. They had been together for six years, but Karma's comments still made him feel embarrassed.

"Now. Let's get home. I'm taking you out for dinner. Then, after, we meet up with our old classmates for some drinks." Karma looked down at the smaller boy next to him and smiled. Nagisa looked up and smiled back.

"I'd like that. Thanks Karma." The bluenette replied.

A few hours later, the two men were sat opposite each other in a fancy french restaurant. An opened bottle of wine day in an ice bath next to them, their glasses full with the rose liquid.

They sat in silence for a few minutes, just simply enjoying the moment. Neither of them would admit it, but secretly they were both thinking about the recent fight against Takaoka and how close both of them had come to death. The thought of the other potentially dying had shaken them both. Therefore, they this time was for just the two of them, and no-one would interrupt.

"So your students seemed quite happy today." Karma noted. "It seems hard to believe they saw a man fall from a building just a few days ago."

Nagisa's smile faded. "Yeah, well they have been rather distracted due to the finals. Still though, that is probably one of the reasons they didn't do as well this time around. Still, I've got to give them credit for how well they have been powering on."

Nagisa sighed.

"You seem unhappy about that." The redhead noticed.

"Yeah, well between this and the attack on our school trip and the murder of one of my students, I feel responsible."