(5-4) Holiday

A week after school had finished, Nagisa awoke early in the morning with a smile on his face. Karma had used his holidays from work for the next two weeks and the pair of them were about to embark on a two week holiday.

Nagisa wasn't used to waking up this early now. He had the past week off from work as teachers didn't work over the summer, and had been lying in every day. It was a nice life, and also annoyed Karma who still had to get up early for work.

If he were to be honest, Nagisa had been a little bored the past week. Turns out sitting around all day doing nothing lost it's novelty after a few days, and with many weeks left of summer break, he had begun looking for something to do.

There were plenty of small restaurants looking for an extra staff member or two. They would be perfect places for him to get a summer job. Alternatively, he could help Kurahashi with her nature tours. They became much more popular over the summer and thus the ginger woman had messaged him a few days ago asking for help. She had also messaged some of their other classmates, but since they all still had to work over the summer, Nagisa was still probably the best bet.

Yes. He thought. I'll go help Kurahashi out. But, that can wait. I've got a holiday to enjoy.

At that moment, Karma walked into the bedroom and stood in the doorway, smiling at the little blueberry still in the bed.

"Even when we have to get up early, you sleep in." He chuckled.

"W-what time is it?" Came the reply.

"Half six."

"HALF SIX!" Nagisa sat up in bed, shocked. "Why didn't you wake me?"

"You looked so cute."

"Seriously. Anyway, I'm up let's get ready."

"You're telling me to get ready?"

"Shut up Karma!"

Nagisa pulled himself out of bed and began getting ready for the day. It didn't take him long as he knew Karma would be downstairs waiting for him, probably also waiting to make some kind of smart comment as he always did. Some people just don't change.

Except, when Nagisa arrived downstairs, Karma was sat in front of the TV watching the news, with two cups of coffee on the table next to the couch, one of which was half drunk already. On the TV was a news report on a discussion that was planned to be had in the government, following recent petitions, protests and other activist activities to bring attention to the issue. The issue in question being the legalization of homosexual marriage in Japan.

The bluenette sat beside Karma and watched the report with him. Both men sat in silence, wanting to take in all the information that they could.

According to the report, the government seemed to be split pretty much 50/50, with new supporters coming out every day due to the vast amount of people who had already admitted to supporting gay marriage. The issue before now was not that it had no support, but no one wanted to speak out about it as they thought they were in the minority. If he were to tell the truth, Nagisa was really worried when his students figures out he was gay. Tatsuo even said they could use it as blackmail. Although, the events of the first term probably would prevent the students from thinking about betraying him. They owed him so much, some even owing him their lives.

The report finished on an uncertain note. There was just as much a probability the legalization would be carried out as it wouldn't.

"So, what do you think of that?" Karma asked, turning to face the smaller make next to him.

"I am really happy. This is the first time this has been recognised by the politicians. I just hope they do the right thing." The bluenette replied, a large grin plastered across his face.

"It's times like these I wish I already was in the government properly."

"You will get there one day. To be honest, while I'm hopeful, I doubt the politicians will actually do anything. It is the first time they recognised the protests after all."

"As much as I don't like it, I think you're right. Still, I'm keeping hopeful that we may eventually be able to kiss in public."

"Yeah, that would be nice." And with that, Nagisa leaned over and kissed Karma on the cheek.

"Aww, so cute." The redhead mocked, causing Nagisa's face to glow bright red. He looked away and began drinking his now lukewarm cup of coffee so Karma wouldn't see his face. Once the coffee had been finished, the pair made their way to the airport so they could go on holiday.

They arrived two hours early for their flight, but travelling through airport security ate up most of that time. In the end, they only had half an hour before their flight to spend in the airport. The couple spent this time looking around the few shops their, saying to each other how high the prices were.

After what seemed like a few hours, the flight was ready for boarding. They were almost late. It was Karma's fault, obviously. He had seen a hairband that would look cute on Nagisa and had cornered him in a shop untill he agreed to wear it. Reluctantly, he did, just for Karma to realise  the hairband didn't look as good as he thought it would.

The flight itself though, while long, was uneventful. Nagisa packed plenty of books to read, finishing one and getting half way through the next. Karma just watched some movies instead.

Upon landing, it was around midday in France. They had already booked a hire car before flying out so just had to walk for half an hour before they could pick it up. From there, it was a two hour drive to the coast, where the Akabane seaside resort was located.

The building was relatively large, not that much smaller than their current house. It had two floors, three bedrooms, although two of them were not needed, a pool, a games room for some reason, and a balcony that wrapped all the way round the second floor. In addition, steps lead from the back of the house right into the beach.

"As much as your family aren't great, they sure do have some great property for us to borrow." Nagisa said as he excited the car.

"Yeah, I'm not sure why they still let us use this. Still, we can't complain."

Karma walked up to the door and lifted up the mat. Underneath it was a safe with a four digit lock. Karma entered the code, 2512, and the safe opened, allowing him the get the key.

"Why do they have a safe?" Nagisa asked.

"My parents are very paranoid people. Although, I'm not sure why they haven't changed the password. They have pretty much disowned me after all."

Nagisa nodded in agreement.

The front door was unlocked and the pair made their way inside, dumping the bags in the kitchen area and sitting down on the sofas in the lounge, tired from the long flight.

"So, shall we get something to eat?" Nagisa asked.

"Yeah."

"What do you want? There's a few nice looking restaurants just down the road in that town we passed through."

"You."

"Haha. Very fun-"

Nagisa was cut off as Karma strode quickly across the room and began to kiss his boyfriend, in a manner very fitting for the country they were in.

They broke for a bit of air, both panting. Then, Nagisa pushed the redhead down into one of the sofas and sat on top of him, straddling him with his legs. They began to kiss once again, while hurriedly taking each others shirt off.

"I'm going to enjoy this trip." Karma panted once they broke for air again.

"So am I." Nagisa smirked back.