airport

puhon (adv.)
- someday, in God's time.

[Now Playing: Ben&Ben - Fall]

Hearts are beating
The night is fleeting
There's no denying
Puhon, puhon

--------------------------

December 2019

Aika's POV

"Opo Mama, we're here at Jill's gate, malapit na raw mag-land. Itong si Patty parang kiti-kiti sa kakulitan." The eldest Robredo sister poked fun at the middle child, who couldn't contain her excitement at their youngest's arrival.

After a few more reminders by our mother, she excused herself, duties awaiting her in the office, as we waited patiently for our youngest.

It was Jillian's Christmas break and after months of not being together, we'll finally be home again, in the comfort of each other. Despite our endless bickering, I can never truly be content whenever we're apart. Ika nga ni Mama, like the sound of one hand clapping. Or in this case, three hands?

But alas, our little girl's all grown up and exploring the world as she's always wanted, and Mama, Patty and I can't be any prouder of her.

After a few more minutes of waiting, the crowd started to appear. I readied my phone to video Jill's arrival, per Mama's request. Pag favortie nga naman chz.

"Jillian!!!" Sigaw namin ni Tricia nang makita na namin si Jill. We gave her a bone-crushing hug, happiness exuding from our bodies.

"Miss niyo naman ako masyado ates."

"Si Patty pa, ilang araw kaya yan umiyak nung umalis ka."

We shared good-natured laughs and jokes with each other, easily falling back into our sibling dynamics. It was a long flight for Jill, so she requested that we stop at the airport's café for a light snack and drinks before heading home.

I was waiting in line to order as I posted the video on my IG story.

lenirobredo
san na kayo nak?

aikarobredo
nagstop lang for food mama, diretso uwi na rin after

don't worry, buo naman naming iuuwi si favorite haha

lenirobredo
kayo talaga.

sige ingat pag-uwi.

I stopped replying to Mama after that, noticing that I'm next in line. I ordered for the three of us and went back to my sisters who looked like they were bickering again, all smiles and laughs echoing even from where I stood.

----------------

Val's POV

The hustle of the airport is what I first notice. Pretty reasonable, as I remind myself that it is the Christmas season. Families being reunited after years apart. Ever the Filipino tradition.

The flight was pleasurable enough, despite my lack of sleep due to the child seated behind me who just insisted his need to kick the seat in front of him. Luckily, his parents were able to calm him down before my annoyance truly sat in. They even gave me free gummies because of it, so all's well.

I decided to get something to eat after picking up my luggage, realizing that I only ate the gummies during the last few hours of my flight. Thankfully, the café wasn't as crowded as I'd thought it would be, saving up my time and energy that I lost during the plane ride.

With food and drink in hand and sleepiness slowly catching up with me, I thank the barista, turning to head out of the café, deciding to eat the food on the way home instead.

"Hi! Isa nga pong banana bread loaf..."

I stop dead in my tracks, hearing a voice that sounded way too familiar. The voice that used to wrap me in warmth and comfort, but now only reminds me of shame and guilt. But nevertheless, I loved that voice all the same, longing for the day I'd hear it again in person.

Fighting an inner dilemma of checking to see if that was really her or leaving it be, it seemed the universe chose for me. I was lightly nudged by a man, asking me to step aside as I was blocking the way. I could feel my face heat up in embarrassment, apologizing to the man. I decided to just go my merry way, citing hearing the voice as a result of my jet-lagged self.

But as I fell asleep that night, I couldn't help but wonder: Was that really her?

--------------------------

A/N

hellooo!! welcome sa aika x val universe hehe

updates won't be regular pero i'll try my best to update as much as i can huhu, school sucks <\\3

thoughts and comments are always welcome!!

- oli