every gaze

Val's POV

"BBM ako, Bading na Bading kay Jessica Marie Robredo." the woman in question read the placard out loud, the people cheering in agreement immediately after. Her cheeks were already flushed, her embarrassment coinciding with the afternoon heat.

same, pero pila pila po tayo nang maayos ha, baka naman, i've been in line for 4 years oh.

We were at Pangasinan for a 2-day trip, both days being fully packed of sorties, h2h campaigns, and other campaign work. There was a little leg room for resting on the second day, but today was already jam packed. We arrived in the province at almost 6:30 am, quickly checking into our designated accommodations before the day started. It was currently 5 in the late afternoon, and after a day of sorties and courtesy calls, we were finally at our last location for the day.

The end of the campaign was already in sight, this trip being the last one before the MDA that I would be joining Aika and her team.

"Kayo talaga, salamat po haha" she said, shaking her head at the supporters.

"Mga simp sa volunteer ni leni for leni!" read the next one, again to the cheers of the people.

"Nako, sino ba dyan? Tulungan ko kayo." she said jokingly, and the supporters started blurting out names, much to her surprise and amusement.

"Pinapamigay na ata tayo ni Miss Aika!" one of the volunteers in the tent with me shouted, earning the laughs of multiple people, including myself.

"Hala may gusto talaga kayo? Sino ba?" Aika asked the crowd, going closer to them to understand who they were referring to. She looked adorable there, standing in her usual campaign attire, her mouth open in silent question to the crowd, mouthing a few names I couldn't recognize.

I notice her eyes crease as she finally understood who it was the crowd was chanting for.

She took a quick glance to the tent, her eyes finding mine as her smile grew wider than before. "Si Alona?" she asked, turning back to the crowds, who gave her a resounding yes.

The mention of my name took me by surprise, all I could do was laugh and shake my head in response, feeling my own cheeks heat up in embarrassment.

"Nako pano ba yan, bawal na siya eh." she said, while pointing towards herself, my eyes and mouth opening in shock and disbelief.

ay beh, desisyon ka? joke, totoo naman. kasi i'm all yours, jessica marie.

The tent had erupted in squeals too, "Ay sana all binabakuran oh!" one volunteer said, "LF: best friend na mambabakod sakin!" sigaw naman ng isa.

Her eyes once again met mine, and I raise my eyebrow in question at her. She beckons me to go over to the stage, and I furiously shake my head at her, mouthing a 'no' over and over.

She walks toward me, the crowd's cheering getting louder by the second. She stops in front of me, an obvious playful glint in her eye.

"Jessica Marie, I swear to God." I whisper to her as soon as she was within earshot.

"The people have spoken. Magpakita ka lang for awhile. I'll be beside you the whole time. Promise." she said, putting her hand up like one does when taking a pledge.

"Oo nga Ate 'lona! sayang naman pambabakod ni Madam Aika kung di ka magpapakita." sigaw ng isang volunteer, making Aika chuckle a little.

"Pasalamat kang malakas ka sakin, Jessica Marie." I said to her, giving her a glare of annoyance, but the smile fighting its way onto my face showed otherwise.