naga pt. 2

Aika's POV

We sat down, as she took her hand away from mine. I instantly miss the warmth of her hand, fighting against the urge to chase it.

"So," we both say at the same time, making us laugh at the absurdity of our awkwardness.

"Why is this so hard for us?" I ask no one in particular.

"Kamusta ka? I didn't know you came back." I decide to initiate the conversation, genuinely curious as to how she has been.

She clears her throat, and I place my full attention on her.

"I've been well, really. I came back to Manila in 2019 pa, hoping for a fresh start here." I listened intently to her, nodding every now and then.

"Why didn't you message me? Or call. Or you know, unblocked me on socials?" I jokingly tell her, remembering the fact that she blocked me on all socials, much to my confusion and dismay.

I saw her grimace at the memory, scratching her neck in embarrassment and guilt.

"I'm sorry. I didn't exactly think you'd want to talk to me after we— I, you know." she stuttered.

"kissed me?" I said, surprised at my own non-chalance.

She turned even redder now, hands coming up to her face. cute.

She peeked at me through her fingers, face almost turning beet red when she saw me giggling at her antics.

"Yeah, that. I'm sorry. I get it if you're mad at me."

"Does me being here talking to you, sound like I'm mad?" I asked her. She shakes her head, fully turning to me now.

"Hindi ako galit sayo, Val. Was I confused and disappointed that my best friend suddenly left me hanging? Yeah, I really was. But I could never get mad at you. I know you have your reasons and I decided to respect them instead. I just continued to hope na one day, someday, I'd be able to get some answers from you." I confessed to her, looking her straight in the eye.

She was looking intently at me, like she was still trying to find the right words to say.

"I really am sorry. Hindi lang sa pag-ghost, but about the — the kiss..." She said, not able to look me in the eyes.

"Stop with the sorrys. May 3 months ka na para bumawi." I smiled at her nudging her with my shoulder, hoping to brighten up the mood. She smiled back in response, a chuckle leaving her mouth.

"Aiks, Alona, hali na kayo, paalis na raw ang van." Mama called on us, reminding us we have to leave.

"VP, I can manage on my own na po, the hotel is near naman. You've already done so much po." Val said, gathering her things again.

"Ano ka ba, it'd be better if we drop you off instead." Val looked at me for assistance, pinapa-awat na niya si Mama.

"Oh, wag mo kong tignan ng ganyan. You can't win against her, Val. Sama ka na lang." I tell her, shaking my head good-naturedly.

She sighed in resignation, accepting the fact that no one wins against an argument with Mama.

We enter the van and Patty was already fast asleep against the window, Jill on her iPad scrolling through notes beside her, and Mama in tow not too far behind.

Val and I occupied the seats behind them, myself by the window with her by my side. Every now and then our fingers would brush against each other, as I fight the want to interlace our fingers once more.

Once the van stopped at the hotel Val was staying at, I offered to walk her to her room, but she declined. You need to rest, mahaba pa ang araw niyo tomorrow, she said.

I hugged her tight instead, pouring everything that has still been left unsaid into the embrace. She hugs me back with the same fervor.

She separates first from the hug as I bid her goodbye and goodnight. I make my way back towards the van, when she calls on my name. I hum in response.

"I missed you too. Sobra." I smiled back at her, mirroring the eye to eye smile that she had on as well. It felt like a weight was lifted off of my body, as the tiredness from the day slowly dissipated.

I watched her figure enter the hotel, waving goodbye to her. And I was sure that tonight, I would fall asleep with renewed hope for the future.

Ah, Naga, it sure feels good to be home.

——————–––——————–––————————

A/N

kamusta na? yan ah di na bitin to hehe

hope you enjoyed reading this chap too, dahil nagsisimula pa lang tayo ;))

comments and thoughts are vv appreciated as always, good night all!! <33

- oli